How was your week?

Options
Hi guys, I thought I'd start a post asking how your week has been and see if there's anything us lovely people on MFP could help each other with or just share our positives. so....
What was your...

Weight loss/gain this week?
Non scale victories?
Exercise?
Did you do anything different that helped shift pounds?
What could you change next week if you didn't get the results you wanted?
How much would you like to lose at next weigh in?

Mrs Badger xx

Replies

• JediMasterNaw
    JediMasterNaw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    This was my first week on MFP, so it's been interesting. I've never done a food diary before, but i think it's going to help a lot. It already has, actually, because I'm far more aware of what, when, and why I'm eating. I haven't been eating the ridiculous amount of evening snacks that had been a regular occurance before, and I'm back to using my recumbent bike in the evenings instead. I bought a weight scale and a food scale so I can keep better track of everything and I feel like I'm really in this for the long haul (and it's going to be a loooong haul).

As it's the first week, I don't really think my weight losses are too relevant, but seeing the number going down is certainly helpful - even if it's just water weight or normal fluctuations.

How was your week?
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    this was a good week. I have been bouncing around a few pounds and this morning I am back at my lowest. Looking to lose 1 more pound by next week to hit my first 10% loss goal.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    .7 pound loss...
    Hopefully more losses to come soon. Am debating whether to take a scale break and weigh at the end of april
  • Fat_Girl_Gone
    Fat_Girl_Gone Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Woah some good losses ladies!
  • luv_kboxn
    luv_kboxn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty good week...recorded food and exercise everyday and as a result I'm continuing to lose weight. It's coming off slowly but that's how it came on so I shouldn't complain.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    My week is good. Not weight wise. I have been at my friends place since last Saturday. One of my friends I have not seen in about a year, the other 2 years so this has been a good week for me. They do not have a scale and I did not bring mine with me so I have no clue what my weight has done. I know I have lost a notch on my belt, but that does not make sense because I have been eating everything in site with them.
  • hatake_kakashi
    hatake_kakashi Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the thread Mrs. B, my week is going very well although the scale is unkind to me, been stuck at 204 lbs. for the past 4 weeks, even if i work out for 6x a week and been good with my food. Only consolation I've had is that I use the " Jackson/Pollock 4 Caliper Method" to measure my body fat today and I am currently at 17% from 24% from last month that made me happy. So sometimes, the scales does not tell the entire story, so for those who did not lose any weight and do not distress, if you feel your clothes are lose or fits much better, you are losing body fat that the scale may not reflect! Happy weekend all!!!
  • bekanswer
    bekanswer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Weigh in tomorrow, have logged everything. Walked daily, used the elliptical a few times this week. Increased my step goal to 25K and reached it eveyday except today, 20K and its Sunday. Feeling confident and happy.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Really happy that you asked this question!!! Now I'm thinking back with a broader view, rather than micro-fretting about what to have for breakfast.

I've been religiously devoted to MFP for only a new months - since Christmas. I have lost 13 lbs and feel so much better about my appearance and fitness. I would like to drop another 10 lbs, but I feel like I'm in control of what is happening to my body and am accountable for my own success and failures, thanks to logging on MFP.

This week was not as great as usual for me, but I did lose 0.4 lbs, so I am not complaining. I usually have pretty good self control with food, but I was at Costco one evening and they were giving out new granola-chocolate nut bars. I took one for my son, but figured I'd try a bite. I usually can do that and keep the rest in my purse, but not that day - I snarfed it all down. Oh well - I logged in the 190 calories and ate a smaller supper.

Little things that made me happy: At the office, had no problem hurrying up four stories of stairs in heels with mug of tea and papers in hand. I tried on my skinniest jeans and I was surprised at how well they fit :) I also realized that my workout shorts that I only wear at home actually look ok, if you ignore the cellulite at the back of my thighs (hey, I'm 50!).

Thanks for making me think bigger.
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It was okay. I upped my cardio by 5 min. I worked at having a variety if foods so I don't get bored. Not drinking is sometimes hard but that's a lifestyle choice I have made. I don't want to replace chocolate with wine! ;). Measured my waist and hips. That was an ug moment. But otherwise holding steady.
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It was bleeding awesome thank you. Kids are home for half term now and we've spent the morning doing craft pictures.
    lost 1.2kg and my nsv was wearing heeled boots all day and actually walking in them for the 1st time in years fand my ankles being small enough to fit in it... when 6 weeks ago they didn't fit.