One year later

Options
a year ago I was 220 pounds with a diet consisting of fast food, Doritos, and soda. I looked bad, felt worse, and was treated like a second class citizen because of that. I downloaded myfitnesspal, logged my food for the day, and went for my first run in my life.
A year later?
I feel great, look pretty okay compared to how I used to look, have more friends, and I'm just generally enjoying life more than I did when I was overweight. Through the stalls, soreness, fatigue, I never gave up; and now I'm able to tell you guys to do the same
Don't give up. Some days it might be hard, but it's always going to be worth it; whether it's a year, week, or decade down the line.

If you guys have any questions to ask, I'd love to answer and possibly help out

Replies

• mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Great job :)
  • louiseyates1
    louiseyates1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Glad to see a success story. I've just this week (on Tuesday) started my weight loss journey and I'm determined to be in your position in a year!
    Good Job!
  • glickman1
    glickman1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Glad to see a success story. I've just this week (on Tuesday) started my weight loss journey and I'm determined to be in your position in a year!
    Good Job!

Thanks!
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You should post in the Success Stories forum :)
  • monkey246
    monkey246 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Have you got any now and the photos? Sounds like you did a great job and I get really inspired by seeing the difference
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    glickman1 wrote: »
    a year ago I was 220 pounds with a diet consisting of fast food, Doritos, and soda. I looked bad, felt worse, and was treated like a second class citizen because of that. I downloaded myfitnesspal, logged my food for the day, and went for my first run in my life.
    A year later?
    I feel great, look pretty okay compared to how I used to look, have more friends, and I'm just generally enjoying life more than I did when I was overweight. Through the stalls, soreness, fatigue, I never gave up; and now I'm able to tell you guys to do the same
    Don't give up. Some days it might be hard, but it's always going to be worth it; whether it's a year, week, or decade down the line.

That's great

You do realise that the "more friends" is down to your inner confidence and belief in yourself and not your external weight don't you? Feeling happy and great about yourself is attractive to others

Good for you!
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    What a great story. Good for you. :D
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Did running get easier in time for you? I just started and I'm on week 3 in a c25k program. It seems so hard some days! And the burning hurts so bad and the negative self talk to try to get me to stop does that ever go away?
  • glickman1
    glickman1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've been busy with enlistment stuff, sorry for the slow replies guys!
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    A year later?

That's great

You do realise that the "more friends" is down to your inner confidence and belief in yourself and not your external weight don't you? Feeling happy and great about yourself is attractive to others

Good for you!
    Oh yeah, I'm not THAT deluded
    Did running get easier in time for you? I just started and I'm on week 3 in a c25k program. It seems so hard some days! And the burning hurts so bad and the negative self talk to try to get me to stop does that ever go away?

Cardio is never easy or fun, if you're questioning every step you take, you're doing it right. Keep on pressing

• uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    A year later?

That's fantastic!
    ql5ktpp4vn33.gif

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    cheering_minions.gif
  • coonhoundlove
    coonhoundlove Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm 16 months into this wild ride and I'm feeling pretty much the same as you are. WAY TO GO!