Am having a bit of a blip... bit of motivation/support?

Options
pensierobello
pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
edited March 2015 in Motivation and Support
I've had a poor few weeks due to illness and falling back into bad calorific amount habits and have gone up from 85kg to 86.9 (187-191) through eating ridiculous amounts and not doing any exercise. I could really do with some motivation. I made a comparison photo to try and remind myself of the progress I've made so far (was 232 last Jan) and that if I get back on track I can achieve something spectacular in time - am a bit emotional and exhausted! Support/feedback welcome, if anyone wants to give any :) What can I do to get myself out of this funk?

njq96fe2k8jl.jpg

Replies

• mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!! Whenever I am feeling unmotivated I always read the success stories! Gets me every time! Just remember, we can't be perfect all the time! And everyone goes through this at some point. Take it back to the basics, buy yourself something pretty, and hang in there!!! You got this :)
  • ldhudsonjr
    ldhudsonjr Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a clean slate. When you hit your goal, you won't care that you slipped up a bit. On the other hand if you just let yourself go back to your old ways entirely, you'll wish you had kept going right now. You can do this!!!
  • KatieMusselwhite92113
    Options
    You look awesome!! Look at how far you have come, and remember how great you feel and look when you're on track! Don't beat yourself up too hard though, everyone gets in a rut every now and again. Since December, I have had 2 family members pass away and have been struggling with getting a couple health issues of my own straightened out. I gained back about 8 lbs in a month and started feeling like crap! But one day I woke up and said "enough!"... It sounds like you're about at that point. You can totally get back on track though... buy some cute workout clothes, get some low-cal foods that you can get excited about, and get going again! I got back on track about 3 weeks ago and have lost my 8 lbs and my motivation is back!! Add me if you want some support :)
  • pensierobello
    Options
    Amazing progress!! Whenever I am feeling unmotivated I always read the success stories! Gets me every time! Just remember, we can't be perfect all the time! And everyone goes through this at some point. Take it back to the basics, buy yourself something pretty, and hang in there!!! You got this :)

Thank you hon, I've tried that but something's not been clicking! Taking it back to the basics...
  • pensierobello
    Options
    ldhudsonjr wrote: »
    Give yourself a clean slate. When you hit your goal, you won't care that you slipped up a bit. On the other hand if you just let yourself go back to your old ways entirely, you'll wish you had kept going right now. You can do this!!!

Totally true. Got to keep going! This is not the place to stop, this is the danger/complacency spot!
  • pensierobello
    Options
    You look awesome!! Look at how far you have come, and remember how great you feel and look when you're on track! Don't beat yourself up too hard though, everyone gets in a rut every now and again. Since December, I have had 2 family members pass away and have been struggling with getting a couple health issues of my own straightened out. I gained back about 8 lbs in a month and started feeling like crap! But one day I woke up and said "enough!"... It sounds like you're about at that point. You can totally get back on track though... buy some cute workout clothes, get some low-cal foods that you can get excited about, and get going again! I got back on track about 3 weeks ago and have lost my 8 lbs and my motivation is back!! Add me if you want some support :)

Thank you lovely, I've added you. Such kind words! I'm so sorry to hear about your family members - and you're so right about life having impact. I just bought new workout clothes actually (the ones in that pic are some of them!) and I will get back on track and get these four pounds off and then some :)
  • kungfuterka
    Options
    Just keep going ;) You are gonna make it!

Add me if you want to :)