Gaining weight like crazy

Options
I've been eating so much and gaining so much weight when I really want to lose. I have probably gained about 5 pounds. I just don't know what to do.

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Just stop! I did the same at the end of last year and am now struggling to lose the 20lbs I gained over about a 6 month period. It was almost like I wanted to see how bad it could get. I promise you'll be so pleased if you can put a stop to it now and NOT keep gaining.

Start tracking to start with. I'm pretty sure if you see how much over your calories you're going, you'll be able to put a stop to it. Good luck!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    I've been eating so much and gaining so much weight when I really want to lose. I have probably gained about 5 pounds. I just don't know what to do.
    Well eating less than you burn should be your first option.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Shandrith
    Shandrith Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    first things first, why have you been eating so much? Are you not allowing yourself enough calories? Sometimes it's better to lower your expectations and continue losing just a little bit then try and set them so high that you defeat yourself out of sheer hunger. take a good look at your life, and figure out why it is you're doing what you're doing to defeat yourself. Once you've done that, everything else will fall together
  • wholenewme03
    wholenewme03 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You're an 18 year old female (according to your limited profile) so perhaps your body is trying to tell you that you've got a bit more growing to do. Make healthy food choices, treat yourself, move around, take everything in moderation, and your body will do what it's supposed to do :)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options

Throw out the scale and go by measurements. Last year I gained back 10lbs...but somehow still lost inches where I needed to.

Years ago, when I wore a size 12, I was about 145lbs. I've been lifting for 2+ years, I currently weigh 188lbs...yet I am in a size 12, and can fit some size 10s.