Carb cycling

Options
Hello,

Who here does carb cycling? Any advice, tips etc? Is it worth it? Cheers- Sejal.

Replies

• Coachconni
    Coachconni Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I do use it but can't guide you on it. I do glycogen depletion, into fasting, fasted workouts, into ketosis back to Carb load ( great for cheat days ). I lost weight but I am still working on balance.
  • sejaltripathi744
    sejaltripathi744 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks.. Yes finding a balance is v hard I'm overloaded with info it's doing my head in.. Do you have sites/ references that I can go to and get some guided info? In laymen's terms
  • Coachconni
    Options
    There are lots of sites just Google glycogen depletion. It is mainly used by bodybuilders. The basics.
    Women deplete glycogen in 48 hours, men 72 if they fast . But you can do a glycogen depletion workout to deplete it depending on intensity (90 minutes or more) . Glycogen stored in the muscles and liver = 500 gms or 2500 carb calories. When you deplete glycogen there are symptoms including feeling cold and the famous "hitting a wall". Even Wikipedia breaks down this term so lots of terms here to start your own search.

With this in mind, what is your goal? If it is to lose weight? You don't need it for weight loss. I use it to get into fat utilization sooner on my lengthy workout days and to overeat on Carb up days haha. Your goal has to be clearly defined.
  • sejaltripathi744
    Options
    Wow more info overload haha.. Goal is to lose weight and tone. Workouts are 3-4 times a week cardio plus weights
  • Coachconni
    Options
    Don't waste your time and mine.
  • sejaltripathi744
    Options
    ? Okay! No offence intended. Thanks for your time.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Coachconni wrote: »

Wow! Why would you say that???
  • DC_TheDrivah1
    DC_TheDrivah1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Coachconni wrote: »

Well geez....
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I carb cycle. I do it for weight loss and Ido it bc I have a med condition. I do chris powells choose more lose more for life book. It has differe nt carb cycles for different people. There is easy, classic, turbo, and fit. He breaks it all down simply in his book and its super easy to follow and I have had great success with it. I don't know what you want to know exactly but you can message or add me if you hace any questions? <3
  • sejaltripathi744
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • sejaltripathi744
    Options
    Hi there! I carb cycle. I do it for weight loss and Ido it bc I have a med condition. I do chris powells choose more lose more for life book. It has differe nt carb cycles for different people. There is easy, classic, turbo, and fit. He breaks it all down simply in his book and its super easy to follow and I have had great success with it. I don't know what you want to know exactly but you can message or add me if you hace any questions? <3

Thanks for your reply. My main concern is the carb up day and I've never done anything like this before and it just seems a bit extreme so before I actually venture out and do it I just wanted get some positive feedback from ppl who have done it. Can you tell me a bit about carb up
    Day/ cheat day and if it really helps. Also thanks for guiding me to Chris Powell I'll definitely look him up.