Polar A300 or Fitbit Charge HR?

Options
2»

Replies

• kbunn06
    kbunn06 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oh and you can get it on Amazon for about $30 cheaper than from the Polar website if you haven't ordered it yet.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    At first I thought it was big (I had the FT60 before and would compare it to that size), but I'm pretty used to it now. I've had it probably two weeks? My wrists are fairly small too, I don't know. Maybe if you can find a store that has it near you and you could see it in person you could make the decision easier? I know it's a lot of money to spend to potentially not like it.

Thanks!!! I'm super rural. The closest place that would carry polar is about 3 hours away!

I am ave found polar at target, best buy I haven't checked walmart yet. But I imagine too maybe a gander mountain, dicks, cabelas m8ght as well. I don't know how far away those options might be.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Oh the polar loop ans ome others are on sale at best buy right now :p tge loop on sale for 83.00 the hrm 58.00 and I the thecharge was 135.00
  • Becca_5215
    Options
    My mom has the ChargeHR & she loves it! I own the Charge (the Flex and the One)... I can't say enough good things about FitBit <3:)<3
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm liking the Microsoft Band, it measures heartbeat, can tell based on that how many calories are burned during a workout, a run, etc. I read a lot of the reviews and compared it to the Fitbit Charge HR.... and the fact that it syncs with myfitnesspal is the reason I chose it over the Basis Peak
  • verdejt
    verdejt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    A quick update the A300 will talk to your hrm strap via the 5Khz so you use it to track your swims if you do that.
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    kbunn06 wrote: »
    Oh and you can get it on Amazon for about $30 cheaper than from the Polar website if you haven't ordered it yet.

Thanks! I usually buy from amazon because I have prime. Didn't know it was such a large price difference!
  • TrishaCisneros
    Options
    At first I thought it was big (I had the FT60 before and would compare it to that size), but I'm pretty used to it now. I've had it probably two weeks? My wrists are fairly small too, I don't know. Maybe if you can find a store that has it near you and you could see it in person you could make the decision easier? I know it's a lot of money to spend to potentially not like it.

Thanks!!! I'm super rural. The closest place that would carry polar is about 3 hours away!

I am ave found polar at target, best buy I haven't checked walmart yet. But I imagine too maybe a gander mountain, dicks, cabelas m8ght as well. I don't know how far away those options might be.

lol yeah, like I said, I'm suuuper rural. 3 hours away.
  • verdejt
    verdejt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I looked at the Microsoft band today. It's waaay too heavy, I would dare say it out weighs my fossil watch. Plus not water proof not much good to me.
  • alicianey
    alicianey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have never had a fitness tracker before and am contemplating either the FitBit Charge HR or Polar A300. Which one did you end up getting @TwinMamaTrish? And how do you like it?
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I have a polar ft7 now. And its pretty good.
    The next "update" when needed will be the A300
    First of all i think a hrm with strap works better, second its more complete than the FT7 which doesn't do steps.

And i stay at Polar for sure because Fitbit doesn't make a waterproof device like Polar does. And i swim a lot!
    So it will be the A300 or stay at my Polar FT7
  • daza1L
    daza1L Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar A300. I like it a lot better than the FitBit I had because I can sync it with my HRM and don't have to use several different devices. My only peeve is that they haven't worked out all the kinks with the app yet, but I'm trying to be patient and give it time and remind myself that technology isn't perfect.

Does the polar a300 have chronometer funtion?
  • TrishaCisneros
    Options
    alicianey wrote: »
    I have never had a fitness tracker before and am contemplating either the FitBit Charge HR or Polar A300. Which one did you end up getting @TwinMamaTrish? And how do you like it?

I ended up getting the FitBit One. At the time, it served my needs perfectly. I wasn't tied to having anything on my wrist constantly, I could just clip it on my pocket or my bra strap. It is very accurate. Recently I have been getting the itch to buy a new gadget, so I am eyeing the A360, but it isn't getting rave reviews like I had hoped.
    daza1L wrote: »
    I have the Polar A300. I like it a lot better than the FitBit I had because I can sync it with my HRM and don't have to use several different devices. My only peeve is that they haven't worked out all the kinks with the app yet, but I'm trying to be patient and give it time and remind myself that technology isn't perfect.

Does the polar a300 have chronometer funtion?

I don't think so.
  • janinecooper81
    janinecooper81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know the watch is waterproof but the HR7 strap isn't so how are you supposed to measure heart rate whilst swimming?!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I know the watch is waterproof but the HR7 strap isn't so how are you supposed to measure heart rate whilst swimming?!

Assuming you're referring to the Polar H7 strap...I'm not sure where you found this information, but my H7 user manual indicates it is water resistant and can be worn while swimming.

"When using a bathing suit, the best performance is achieved by wearing the HR sensor underneath it."
  • mehumphry
    mehumphry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found this discussion while searching for information, so sorry to resurface old discussions! I am trying to decide which brand to get. I've had the Charge, and may daughter "stole" it. I'm interested in the A300. I'm looking for a wrist worn device, that can also teach the heart rate. For the A300, do you HAVE to wear the strap to get the hr?