Finally Introducing myself!

Options
Good Morning to all of the MFP users! I have been using the my fitness pal app since Feb. 3rd of this year and can not believe how well it helps me be accountable for my food intake. I am a full time mom of one, wife, part time worker in child care,substitute teacher, dance mom, costume sewer, baker, etc...you get the pictures. I am always on the go trying to be the all round super mom. Well, it wasn't working. I was eating fast food because I was never home to cook, stress snacking, eating late at night and eating on the go. I wasn't paying attention to the weight gain until my blood pressure started climbing, having chest pains and I found myself back at the doctor on two BP meds. The anxiety and stress of my hectic life was too much! I literally was making myself sick. So I set out to do something about it. A friend suggested I use the MFP app. It was worth a shot. Some of my family think I am crazy for taking the time to enter everything I eat, but it has been well worth it for me. I have lost 19.2 lbs in one month and 26 days! The weight is coming off more slowly now, but it is still coming off! Yay! If I can do this, I am confident that anyone can see improvement in their health/weight once they find the right combination for themselves! Best of luck to everyone!

Replies

• Preciouspony21
    Options
    Good for you! I think so many of us fall into that bad routine when we start trying to be the best for our kids that we forget to be the best for ourselves too.
    I have been using MFP for a month and I have seen little results on the scale, but great results in the way my clothes are fitting!
    I would love support if you would too!
  • ron_j_d
    ron_j_d Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had the same reaction from family ... that is until they seen me shed the pounds. Now they are using the app and logging everyday as well ;-) (p.s. it's working for them too!)

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • crysclear5
    crysclear5 Posts: 7
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi ladies/gentlemen! Thanks for your replies. May I ask a question? How do I go about adding you? I'm not familiar with this part of MPG.
  • NicoleMartinelli8
    NicoleMartinelli8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Click on the person name and on right side there's a person with x. Click it to add. U also have to hit the check mark on the next page to send request