Disappointed!

Options
I am in a "biggest losers contest" at work... It started at the beginning of March, and this Thursday is the final weigh in, with the winner being announced on Friday. I have been in first place 8/11 weeks, this past week was one of the weeks I am not unfortunately! I am in 3rd b/c there are two guys ahead of me that I've heard are taking drastic steps to get to first in this last little time. I cannot do anything drastic like extreme calorie reduction due to nursing an infant and it could effect my milk supply... so I am getting a little discouraged that I've worked this hard just to end up in 3rd place!

I know the important thing and what matters is to continue this healthy lifestyle and make good decisions, and that makes me the real 'winner', but my competitive nature is frustrating me that I've come this far to 'lose'! Just wanted to vent and hear any thoughts and ideas...

Feel free to add me, can always use more friends to support me & for me to be supportive of. :)

Replies

• miclavd
    miclavd Posts: 15
    Options
    you could bump up the exercise and double the time you spend in the gym while still maintaining your necessary caloric intake
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    youre the winner, no matter how the result turns out, you will feel better about yourself than they will I guarantee you. Victory is more than a number on the scale
  • lnosgood
    lnosgood Posts: 92
    Options
    I wouldn't let it get you down. The ones taking extreme measures will gain theirs back as soon as they start eating normally again, where as you will keep yours off! Yours is a lifestyle change where as theirs is just temporary. So either way you're the winner in my book.
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    keep your chin up sweety , you are doing fantastic ....
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    youre the winner, no matter how the result turns out, you will feel better about yourself than they will I guarantee you. Victory is more than a number on the scale

I absolutely agree!
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    You can be a real 'winner' by keeping your weight off while those two guys gain back the weight they took off in such a hurry. Really, should men and women really compete equally in such comptetitions?

You've done great! Try not to let this get you down!
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! Losing weight is not easy and you have accomplished more than most. Celebrate your weight loss. Buy something that makes you feel amazing. Focus some attention on you! <3 You deserve it!
  • LookN2Lose15
    Options
    I wouldn't let it get you down. The ones taking extreme measures will gain theirs back as soon as they start eating normally again, where as you will keep yours off! Yours is a lifestyle change where as theirs is just temporary. So either way you're the winner in my book.

SO true! YOU are the winner in the long run! They are going to gain back the weight, and possibly "more". :~)
  • Lamber8301
    Lamber8301 Posts: 10
    Options
    I know it can be frusterating to have people jump ahead of you like that, especially after you've been on such a great roll!! BUT, they may not be losing weight the healthiest way. But you can be so proud knowing you're doing so well AND being healthy for you and your baby!! It sounds like you've done a phenomenal job, and keep it up!!
  • ncwmark
    ncwmark Posts: 40
    Options
    It probably won't make you feel any better when they announce who was victorious, but in reality... you've already won.
  • rhapsody527
    rhapsody527 Posts: 60
    Options
    You are doing great! It is awesome that you were in 1st place for 8 weeks! I am nursing an infant as well, an occasionally find myself getting frustrated with not being able to loose weight as fast as I would like and not being able to cut down my calories more. you are doing an awesome job loosing weight and nourishing your baby at the same time! Congrats!