cravings!!!! I can beat you!!!!

Options
I have learnt so much about myself in the past month.one thing that often got the better of me is my cravings.. recently I have been 'putting a leash on it and using it as small rewards for my accomplishments.. and so far so good.. I have realized that nothing can stop you if you set your mind strong.. so my question today is what is your cravings and how are you dealing with it?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Right now, my craving is are cadberry eggs and klondike bars. But I incorporate them into my diet. There is no reason to eliminate foods you love because when I did, I binged.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Right now, my craving is are cadberry eggs and klondike bars. But I incorporate them into my diet. There is no reason to eliminate foods you love because when I did, I binged.

agreed. Not on the specific choices though. Right now I'm mostly craving some protein because my stomach is rumbling... pizza with breakfast was a bad idea lol.
  • vash_241987
    vash_241987 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For me, there is a really good hole in the wall sandwich shop. I go there once a month for there burger and Mac n cheese. If I do buy chocolates, I usually just only buy one, eat 1 serving or less, then share the rest with family or friends. My thought is, just don't eat more than the suggested serving. My problem before was over eating. Now that I use MFP, I have lost 35lbs since 1/17 and I really didn't change too much in my diet besides cutting back on soda (I'll have one once in awhile) drinking more water, walk more often to nearby stores, park far away at the grocer, cook more at home.
  • RachaelWinston
    RachaelWinston Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My craving issue when I start to diet is always red meat. I crave a burger or steak like crazy! This diet with MFP is as long as I have ever stayed with a diet. I allow myself to give in to my craving every once in a while but in general if I'm feeling a craving coming on I try and eat a low cal but filling snack like celery or a cup of coffe with a splash of milk. If I still have the craving and can fit it into my calories for the day I indulge! I feel it makes me feel happier with losing weight and not killing my soul lol
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I'm really craving one of the Kinder Delices my parents brought me. I'm going to combat this craving my having one tomorrow or some other day.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I'm really craving one of the Kinder Delices my parents brought me. I'm going to combat this craving my having one tomorrow or some other day.

You have over 600 calories left (and you've not even eaten your exercise calories, meaning you have only netted ~1200 calories today). Why not like... eat one now?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

BAM!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

You have over 600 calories left (and you've not even eaten your exercise calories, meaning you have only netted ~1200 calories today). Why not like... eat one now?
    I've been using TDEE set to lightly active.
    screen.png

I'm also "banking" some calories today through Wednesday to add to my Thursday through Sunday count.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,247 Member
    Options
    I crave bread. I've never been really fond of bread ... until now. Suddenly, I'm eating a slice of bread just about every day.