lost 4 Kgs in 3 Weeks. What am I doing wrong?

Options
Current body stats: 66.4kg (146lbs) / ht:6ft / Male 24.

Good day, I had a body weight of 70kg while I was in Glasgow, UK three weeks ago and when I moved to Mumbai, India, I lost 4 kgs in 3 weeks.

I workout 4 times a week. I am eating the same food quantity which i used to eat in UK i.e. around 3500 calories a day and still I am loosing weight. Is it because of the change in environment and temperature which might have caused me to lose water weight? I am very concerned about this. Please help me

This is my recent BMI: http://imgur.com/HUffmzt

Replies

• Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Are you using a different scale? Even the same scale in a different location can show a different weight.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The quality of food probably changed; it's possible you are eating less carbs and hence there is fluctuation in your glycogen stores, and the humidity is really high here, which could've led to a decrease in water weight. Has your physical activity increased, because of which you might be netting less than you did before?
  • cbellebaby
    Options
    I know my brother in law lost a bunch if weight quickly and he ended up having type 1 diabetes... I'm not saying thats what it is but if your really concerned i would go see a doctor asap :) good luck i hope you figure out what's happening.
  • Elkroawolfan
    Options
    If your exercising in a warmer climate it means your body is requiring more kcal`s to use as energy as well as for normal body function, when it is warm your body works harder when exercising and during normal body functions in a warmer climate will require it to use more kcal.

Food quantity does not mean anything, it is the quality of the nutrients that matters.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Food quantity does not mean anything, it is the quality of the nutrients that matters.

Could you please explain? Do you mean the number of calories don't matter? And what exactly do you mean by 'quality'? You mean w.r.t. macros?
  • Taniab43
    Taniab43 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Perhaps visit your doctor just to be safe,

Best!
  • Elkroawolfan
    Options
    You have to know that your average person does need the RDA of kcal because their body functions do not require all of that. If your doing a 5 mile cycle ride at a pretty fast pace then your going to need anyway from 600-1000 kcal so you consume this as an extra amount. Good quality nutrients lowers your calorie intake so if you eat for your evening meal Porridge oats with sliced whole banana mixed in with it and some brown sugar, your body gets what it needs out of this more than eating a cooked meal such as a roast dinner, it has less kcal but it is providing you with for example a good level of potassium, a good level of protein, providing iron and calcium.

You need carbs that have good levels of digestable fibre (slower energy release), good levels of some B-vitamins, macro and micro minerals and fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamin A.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of reasons but I imagine that since you've changed your diet you are losing water. You might want to bring you calories slowly up but I would recommend you give it another month and see what happens when your body adapts to your new diet. Try looking for other cues like clothing fit and appearance because 4 lbs is a fair loss so should show up somewhere.