Going to start my 40's fit!

Options
Just turned 39 and refuse to start my 40's in this body! Going to finally make that long awaited change. Any tips or suggestions?

Replies

• sheynoa
    sheynoa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat.... I want to loose 40 by my 40th birthday. I will be 40 in October. I recently gave up meat for lent so the week after Easter is when I will start. I have not cheated once so I hope that is an indication that I can stay on track!!!

Good Luck!!!
  • Alipop
    Alipop Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Me too! I started a 40 weeks until I'm 40 and I have 37 weeks to go! I have 17% body fat to lose or about 40 lbs I figure.
    Exercise is super easy for me - I love it! But the diet part... I have lots of changes to make to eat better balance. I tend to go heavy on the carbs and not enough protein.
    - What is your goal for the week? I find that I just set a small goal for each week and see how I do with it. If it was easy and I did it everyday then I set a new goal the next week.... It is all the little changes that add up to be a lifestyle change. I've been very successful before but tend to gain the weight back and return to old habits... I HAVE kept off over 140 lbs for 10 years though :)
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Don't pierce your belly button. (Lol - I did that when I was 40 and it was a silly thing to do. I've since taken it out.) I turned 50 last October.

Seriously, it's a great time to learn about who you really are. In retrospect, I should have made a better effort. This should be part of your well-being journey.

I took up jogging and ran a half marathon when I turned 40. I've never been sporty and hated jogging. Therefore, I learned how to do something new and healthful, felt a huge sense of self-pride, and made my family proud. Running is still part of my fitness repitoire a decade later.