Can't seem to lose weight

Options
I started my journey about a year and a half ago where I was loosing weight like crazy. I went from 160 to 145 by summer and was pretty happy. Well the holidays caught up to me and I also believe the depo caught up to me and I gained 20 pounds. I now weigh 172. More than I did when I started! I've been working out 3x a week at the gym and once a week at home. back on my macro diet and havnt seen any weight loss. I'm exactly the same and it's been about 2 months. I need serious help I don't understand?

Replies

• warrrn69
    warrrn69 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Eat less, thank me later
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Wtf is a macro diet? Do you even know how many calories you should brew eating for your goals or did you just arbitrarily set a calorie and macro goal?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Becayse you dont have an idea how much you have been eating and its obviously been moe than your body needs hence you have put on weight. You need help understanding the basics of weight loss. Eat at a deficit and you lose weight.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your calories? Because that's what helps you lose weight.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    What's so hard to understand about eating too much?
  • mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I started my journey about a year and a half ago where I was loosing weight like crazy. I went from 160 to 145 by summer and was pretty happy. Well the holidays caught up to me and I also believe the depo caught up to me and I gained 20 pounds. I now weigh 172. More than I did when I started! I've been working out 3x a week at the gym and once a week at home. back on my macro diet and havnt seen any weight loss. I'm exactly the same and it's been about 2 months. I need serious help I don't understand?
    what does deposit mean?
    drink water
    stay at 1200 cal/ day
    log EVERYTHING
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Well, it seems the general consensus here is that you're eating more than you think you are. Are you weighing/measuring everything? Logging everything?
  • mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    mwebster11 wrote: »
    what does deposit mean?
    drink water
    stay at 1200 cal/ day
    log EVERYTHING
    I mean depo ...( my tablet can b hard to type on,putting in words I didn't type)
  • ReignOerMe
    ReignOerMe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    what does deposit mean?
    drink water
    stay at 1200 cal/ day
    log EVERYTHING
    I mean depo ...( my tablet can b hard to type on,putting in words I didn't type)

OPs calorie goal might not be 1200. She should go by the one myfitnesspal gave her and weigh/measure to make sure she is eating the right amount.

Depo is a hormonal birth control method. People often cite weight gain as a side effect.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    what does deposit mean?
    drink water
    stay at 1200 cal/ day
    log EVERYTHING

We don't know anything else about the OP (age, height, activity level), so 1200 may not be appropriate for her.
  • jetsman32
    jetsman32 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would start by readjusting your macros. I would suggest cutting catbs to a minimum (max 50 per day). You can make up the calories in fat. Make sure to stay at or below your suggested calorie intake through myfitnesspal and track everything! Also - do a google search on LCHF diet- you will lose weight and feel better!
  • Childfree1991
    Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Drink lots of water, exercise (weight resistance so you build muscle because muscle burns calories during rest as opposed to cardio), eat healthy (high protein, complex carbs, healthy fats, no refined sugars except on rare occasions for a treat, and small portion sizes with snacks in-between especially after a workout). Make sure your snacks have lots of protein and fiber. If you exercise, I wouldn't eat as little as 1200 calories. Your body needs calories especially if you're trying to get lean/muscle. I eat 1600-1800 a day and don't gain weight. I remain the same weight while losing inches. By the way (to some of you who mentioned) you can work past birth control. I made the same excuse (along with others) before losing weight. I explain a lot about it in my bio. If you try hard enough, you can break through obstacles.

60349454.png
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Enter profile into MFP including weight loss goal. Eat to the calorie goal set by MFP. Buy a set of scales and weigh your food. Lose weight. Easy game.
  • kwallsmeoww
    kwallsmeoww Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat 1,450 calories, my macros are based off of a macro calculator. There about 150carbs, 30fat. 100 protein. I track everything I eat on fitness pal. Not trying to use depo as an excuse just thinking that maybe someone else could shed light on what they have tried to help shed weight. I drink about 48oz of water a day. I added more hitt cardio to my workout routine hopefully this will help.
  • ReignOerMe
    ReignOerMe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I eat 1,450 calories, my macros are based off of a macro calculator. There about 150carbs, 30fat. 100 protein. I track everything I eat on fitness pal. Not trying to use depo as an excuse just thinking that maybe someone else could shed light on what they have tried to help shed weight. I drink about 48oz of water a day. I added more hitt cardio to my workout routine hopefully this will help.

A calorie deficit is the only way to lose weight. If you are eating at a deficit, you will lose weight. How long have you been logging? If you have been logging for a long time and not losing, then you are eating too many calories. Do you weigh/measure everything? If not, you are probably eating more than you think. Can you open your diary?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    what does deposit mean?
    drink water
    stay at 1200 cal/ day
    log EVERYTHING

Sorry, but no. Without knowing OP's stats, recommending 1200 calories is inappropriate.

OP, do you weigh your solids and measure your liquids? If not, perhaps you should start there and buckle down on the accuracy.