Nutrition percentages

Options
i am trying to lose weight , and tone up ( get a good body ) my diet is now 55% carbs 25% protein and the rest fats. What would you suggest is optimal for fat loss? I only eat on average 1300 calories a day

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The proportion of macros is not as important as the total calories a day. You want to get a minimum protein to prevent unwelcome side effects such as hair loss, brittle nails or worse. Are you losing at a satisfying rate now?
  • Feeneym20
    Feeneym20 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well I've lost 9 pounds since first of March i don't know if that is satisfying , my body is changing slowly but surely ?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Feeneym20 wrote: »
    Well I've lost 9 pounds since first of March i don't know if that is satisfying , my body is changing slowly but surely ?

How much do you have to lose?
  • ReignOerMe
    ReignOerMe Posts: 24 Member
    Options

9 pounds in 1 month is not slow. Since you only have 29 pounds to lose, 1 pound per week is a decent pace and you are losing much faster than that. You could probably eat more than 1300 and still lose at a good rate. And calories are the only thing that matters for weight loss. Macros are important for health though and your percentages sound fine.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    i am trying to lose weight , and tone up ( get a good body ) my diet is now 55% carbs 25% protein and the rest fats. What would you suggest is optimal for fat loss? I only eat on average 1300 calories a day

What's optimal is getting the minimum protein and fat needed (your numbers look within the range) and otherwise doing what is most easily sustainable for you. Some people find carbs more satiating, others (more, I think) find protein or fat more satiating. Some feel better eating more carbs than you are, some feel better eating fewer. There's some evidence that increasing protein some can lead to more weight loss because protein takes additional calories to digest, but in reality the differences are unlikely to be that great and the benefits of a diet that you feel satisfied on and enjoy, so will able to easily comply with, will be greater.
  • Feeneym20
    Feeneym20 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank ye all so much , sooooo helpful
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit is what is necessary for weight loss. Everyone's macros will be different, based on their goals.