Need motivation....

Options
I'm litrally and angel all week and devil by the weekend!!! Sunday night as usual I am positive that this will be my week I eat great and exercise daily. Soon as Friday night hits ok wine Saturday rubbish food and gym is out the window. Anyone else have this problem or me just being lazy. How can I stay motivated.... I never pushed myself so hard at the gym on Thursday felt fabulous defo gained all that back and more ,-(

Replies

• R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! You can stay in control on the weekend too!
    Sending invite for a challenge group that may help too...
  • yhealthy2000
    yhealthy2000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I workout regularly and relax on the weekends. Working out everyday is strenuous on your body. Your muscles need some relaxation. You are doing great working out, but everyday may be toouch. Weekends are to enjoy. Just enjoy within a good limit:). You are eating healthy during week days and that's great!!
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I eat at a little bit more of a deficit during the week specifically so I can splurge a bit on the weekends.

For instance, overall, I aim to lose about a half pound a week. Monday through Friday, I have my calories set to lose .7 pounds a week. Then weekends, I don't log my food at all. That might not work for everyone, but it works for me.
  • doodles_127
    doodles_127 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Girl, I feel you! I am the same exact way. All weekend, my fitness routines and food consumption are super great. Then, come the weekend, which is my gym rest time, I go ham on all sorts of "forbidden" foods. I feel like this undoes so much of what I work hard for during the week.
  • meganmjo
    meganmjo Posts: 9
    Options
    subtract some calories during the weekdays. Like if you are supposed to eat 1800 a day, instead eat 1500. Thats an extra 300 per weekday. 300X5=1500. So you can add the 1500 to your saturday or split it and have 750 extra for Saturday and Sunday. I find it easier to eat better through the weekdays because I am mostly at work, so I don't have time to stuff my face, and I told my co-worker of my efforts so now I know that somebody is watching what I eat other than me. lol, it's my way of making myself accountable to somebody.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Moderation on the weekends may help.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    It isn't the fact that you "mess up" on the weekends...its that you aren't putting yourself first, when you have free time. A glass of wine does help you relax and "let go of the stress" of the past week. I like my glass now and then. A bottle will help you forget the past goings on, and thats where life gets tricky. By choosing to have that bottle you have chosen to put yourself last, and the bottle gets to dictate how your weekend will go. You have no energy on saturday and Sunday you are getting your self back in order but the guilt of it all makes it hard to know you have to face monday again.. Most people plan out the schedule of work, and errands...where it all fits in together. But most people don't plan for themself. Where you can do your passion for whatever. Don't beat yourself up about it.
  • crewbprice
    crewbprice Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I always go out to eat at least once on the weekends, and I usually take one day a week off from exercise. What I do try to do is break up the food by only eating half and take the other half home, or finding something good on the menu that isn't large amount of food.

One good way to do this is to go out for lunch instead of dinner, but that's tough for me to do sometimes as well.

Don't let it get you down, instead look at the positives of working out all throughout the week!
  • MattsGirl90
    MattsGirl90 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thank tou everyone for all replies. Gonna work on this and guess what it's Easter here next week. Chocolate yummy foods and 3 day bender. If I can get through that I can get through anything xx