Feeling frustrated

Options
hi

I need some advice. I have gone two weeks now without a pop and let me tell you thats huge for me. I was addicted to pop. In that two weeks i have been eating much healthier and when i do exercise i gain weight. When i don't exercise i stay the same. Im so frustrated not sure what to do.

Replies

• mustardyellowshirt
    mustardyellowshirt Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Keep going. Don't allow yourself to fall to your excuses. The dropping pop is amazing and wonderful, and exercise is good for you no matter your weight. Stop looking at your weight for awhile and just feel your body thanking you.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Usually most people experience a slight weight gain when exercising while trying to lose weight because of a water gain for muscles to repair themselves from the increased activity, especially if you are doing strength training.

Are you weighing your food on a food scale? Have you replaced the pop with tea, milk, juice or some other caloric beverage instead of primarily water? You may be consuming liquid calories that you may not be thinking about. Are you double checking your log entries to make sure that they are correct? Several of the foods in the database are not entirely correct because companies change the food to make it taste better and the calories may increase. Are you logging everything that you eat? I would sometimes not log a snack size twix or snickers until I realized they were 70 calories each! Needless to say a few of those a day was derailing my weight loss. These are a few things to consider if you are struggling to see weight loss.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    talls95 wrote: »
    hi

I need some advice. I have gone two weeks now without a pop and let me tell you thats huge for me. I was addicted to pop. In that two weeks i have been eating much healthier and when i do exercise i gain weight. When i don't exercise i stay the same. Im so frustrated not sure what to do.

You dont really give enough information. You should start by looking at the accuracy of your logging to determine whether you are at a consistent calorific deficit.
    Are you weighing your food with a scale?

Open your diary for people to have a look what you are doing.

The answer to most of these im not losing threads is you are eating more than you think and burning less.