Feeling fatigue and low concentration during weight loss

Options
bluedreamlight
bluedreamlight Posts: 13 Member
edited March 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hi peeps, in my weight loss process, I eat less but still have lots of work to do during the day. So I feel fatigue and can't concentrate very well. Any suggestion on what fruit or nuts I should probably eat more to gain some important nutrients (i don't know what nutrients i'm missing though).

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Can you go to your settings and make your diary public?
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are low on iron??? fatigue and poor concentration are some of the symptoms of low iron.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories? I don't know your current size or calorie goal, but it is possible to eat too little and experience fatigue.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    My first thought is that you are not eating enough protein and iron.... (and maybe not enough in general)
  • bluedreamlight
    Options
    Can you go to your settings and make your diary public?

I just did.
  • bluedreamlight
    Options
    IzzyBooNZ1 wrote: »
    Maybe you are low on iron??? fatigue and poor concentration are some of the symptoms of low iron.

I think you are right. I prob need more iron and protein intake.
  • Troy13691
    Troy13691 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Similiar thing happened to me. I've reached my "goal weight" but was still eating really low like i was when losing weight and i couldn't keep up at the gym i was getting worse every workout (literally getting weaker) as soon as i started eating more i noticed a big difference. No longer exhausted all the time or burned out. Focus and concentration returned. (low iron possibly). Play around with your diet and find if adding more calories/ protein. But also carbs they are the preffered fuel.
  • Troy13691
    Troy13691 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

Without knowing more about you and your goals its hard to be 100% but looking at your calorie intake you fall short of 1200calories everyday. is that a diet your doing or just happen to fall short ? Anythign under 1200 calories is considered to be putting your body into starvation mode. Especially when done day after day. Try adding in one or two lite snacks between those breaky/lunch lunch/dinner areas and see if it helps. Or just ignore me haha
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    More protein (think double) and more calories in general. You only have 15 lbs to lose-- there's no reason to aim for 1000 calories per day. Did you set MFP to lose 2 lbs per week? If so, go back in and reset it for 1 lb or even 1/2 lb.

Are you exercising?

There's precious little in the way of fruits/veggies so you probably are missing out on nutrients as well.
  • bluedreamlight
    Options
    Troy13691 wrote: »

Without knowing more about you and your goals its hard to be 100% but looking at your calorie intake you fall short of 1200calories everyday. is that a diet your doing or just happen to fall short ? Anythign under 1200 calories is considered to be putting your body into starvation mode. Especially when done day after day. Try adding in one or two lite snacks between those breaky/lunch lunch/dinner areas and see if it helps. Or just ignore me haha

I'm a very small person, 5'0 lol. so MFP set a 1200 kcal diet for me. I'm not really hungry when on this diet, prob it's just that i'm not eating the right food. i bought a paleo diet cookbook from here: http://get.paleorecipebook.com/a-1/?hop=ervinliz1, and i have been eating some food in there. i don't really follow the recipe (i like to add some of my own stuff and take out some of theirs lol).
  • bluedreamlight
    Options
    More protein (think double) and more calories in general. You only have 15 lbs to lose-- there's no reason to aim for 1000 calories per day. Did you set MFP to lose 2 lbs per week? If so, go back in and reset it for 1 lb or even 1/2 lb.

Are you exercising?

There's precious little in the way of fruits/veggies so you probably are missing out on nutrients as well.

i exercise lightly, and i set the rate to be 1lb per day. 15 pound is so hard to lose because i'm very petite.