Can you lose 3lbs in one week?

Options
I have to lose 12lbs within four weeks, because I'm going for a breast reduction surgery. How do you go on about losing 3lbs a week?

Replies

• misshoneyz2dab
    misshoneyz2dab Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    3lbs a week
  • butbygrace206
    butbygrace206 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    If you have a lot to lose, then that's doable. If not, then that prob won't happen. I lost 3.5 this past week. I eat way under calorie. Set at 1700 but I do 1200 or a littles less. But I have a lot to lose. 50 pounds or so
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Depends how much you have to lose. healthy weight loss is 1-2lb a week. Closer you are to target the harder it is. Best talk to your Dr/ surgeon as its not really practical, but if they felt it was important then they might consider putting you on a vlcd and supervise you. Not really realistic.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Three pounds a week would me increasing your exercise and/or decreasing your recommended daily caloric intake by 10,500 calories a week. Even then, it might not work, as calories can be stubborn.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    With only 30 pounds to lose, that's not likely to happen. After your initial water reduction, more than likely a pound a week is more likely.
  • YokiLenko
    YokiLenko Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I lost 4 pounds in one week by eating just below my calorie line and exercising 5 out of the 7 days.