Insanity workout

Options
Does anyone know if the insanity workout gets faster results than other workouts? I need to lose 20 more lbs and I feel like i have plateaued... I have changed my diet to eat healthy. I removed sugar and I workout 40-60 min 6 days a week. 20-30 min of kickboxing and circuit training each. Is insanity going to get me faster results than what I'm doing now?

Replies

• mamamadonna
    mamamadonna Posts: 99
    Options
    I am in my third week of Insanity and LOVE it! I have seen some pretty good results so far and have heard that the major results come in the 2nd month. If you do the workouts I highly recommend following the meal plans as well. Good luck!
  • lisakreymborg
    Options
    Insanity is great for fat burning, because it is all cardio. But if you have built up strength doing any sort of resistance or weight workouts, you will lose muscle and strength. Your lungs and heart will become amazingly strong, and you will burn fat. I love Insanity but it is extremely difficult so work hard and just keep a positive attitude, even if you don't see results right away. The second month is pretty tough! I did not lose any weight on it but lost my muscle tone, so now am back to lifting weights. It all depends on your goals really, but a great program. Good luck!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    You're doing A LOT of cardio-- make sure you're eating enough calories.

Your plateau is your body's way of saying, "I'm giving you all I've got." Make sure you're nourishing your body enough.

Be nice to your body, and it will be nice back.

I started a thread here sharing my story-- I was on 1200-1400 calories for almost 18 months, workout like a fiend to get my last couple of pounds off-- I'd lost 46 and was 4 pounds away from goal.

I was training for a half marathon-- I'd done Insanity, tae-bo, turbo-jam-- I was size 8, lean, muscular-- and due to lack of nutrition, I blew out my metabolism. My body began to store everything as fat, even on 1400 calories.

I'm now almost back where I started, having gained nearly everything back-- having never changed my eating habits back-- I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's, a non-functioning thyroid-- and my body wants to convert everything to fat.

I'm taking hormone supplements to try and work it all out-- but the bottom line is this: I didn't eat enough calories for all of my exercise. Please, please, please feed yourself enough.