Replies

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!!! :smiley:
  • Vicalina19
    Vicalina19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Kudos on going out of your comfort zone and participating in the Color Run - that's so awesome. I bet your mom was right there with you. I loss my mom & my favorite sister in 1998 so I know your pain. Thanks for sharing. <3
  • Camarose79
    Camarose79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    What is NSV ?
  • sscrusin90
    Options
    Good for you...for running the race and for stepping out of your comfort zone...two thumbs up to you!
  • GWehsling
    GWehsling Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I like that you mentioned you got through blue and lost your apprehension. It is a colour associated with depression and I think it's a fitting metaphor for where you are now. Well done and full points that you took your kid through as well :smile:
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    congratulations you did great
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Maybe you could make every 3/28 a day to do something outside of your comfort zone, in honor of your mother's memory.
  • ShieldMaidenLeah
    ShieldMaidenLeah Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am thinking that every year now on the 28th of March I am going to do something like this with my daughter. My son was too little to do it this year. I am thinking next year if there isn't any kind of run that I will plan a family hiking trip. I have been holding onto all this pain for 12 years plus the baggage from my childhood. It's time to open my wings and fly. 2015 is the beginning of a new me, and I am embracing it. Thank you all so very much for the kind words. You are all wonderful.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Very well done! Congratulations!
    An awesome tribute to your mother's memory, and an awesome tradition for you and your daughter.
  • djeah
    djeah Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great way to honor your moms memory! Plus, it will create a great new memory with your daughter! :D
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    WTG!
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Brilliant way to honour your mum and give your daughter some happy memories of the date, she will remember that forever x
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm sure your mother would be so proud and smiling away. Nice idea. I'm sure your daughter loved it. <3
  • melanie899
    melanie899 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Careful, they are addicting! :)

(trippy to read, because my Mom passed on the same day March 28..11 yrs ago...small world)
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    That's a great story. Thank you for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!