Who Else Feels This Way?

Options
I want someone who loves me even being fat. I feel like I'm gonna resent a lot of people for treating me mean because of my physical appearance

Replies

• ConorElliot
    ConorElliot Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fully know this feeling! But to be honest, people that treat you like crap due to how you look really don't deserve your time of day anyway!
  • JordanRay21
    JordanRay21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    There are people out there that love people for who they are on the inside. For those who do not. Shame on their shallow character. I have a few co workers that paid me no mind until I started loosing weight. I have no interest in them as a friend and I told them exactly why. Their excuse - none. Love yourself and I always say be selfish when it comes to YOUR happiness.
  • akiba254
    akiba254 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    There are good and bad people in the world. Some shallow and some truly value who a person is. The biggest lesson in life is to learn who's opinion matters the most and who's opinion should be completely ignored. The views and opinions that should always matter the most is your own and not let people change how you feel.
  • NicoleMartinelli8
    NicoleMartinelli8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I use to date a idiot in high school that convinced me I was fat at 145 at 5"9'. I got rid of the idiot long ago. I'm married and my husband loves me regardless. I am excited to get back to the size I was when we started dating back in 2001. You have to love you! Good luck on your journey.
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Why the eff would you date someone that's so superficial?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Pu_239 wrote: »
    I want someone who loves me even being fat. I feel like I'm gonna resent a lot of people for treating me mean because of my physical appearance

Me personally, I don't care much about a woman's body. I am more of a face person from a physical perspective. I have found women who are 400lbs attractive, makes no difference to me. I have this friend who ... has a tendency to date a lot of women and i mean a lot... he sometimes goes for girls who have a few extra pounds. He's more interested in character. Yet on the other hand I have friends who are mostly about the body and don't care about anything else.

SO it varies...

Thanks for sharing.

Did you have anything to contribute to this particular thread?
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options

Please don't focus on the negative emotions like "resentment". If people treat you mean because of your physical appearance they are not worth your time or energy. Better to focus on embracing your life and doing what you need to do to be happy and healthy. There are lots of nice people in the world and hopefully someone out there who will love you for who you are.