low carb 40 year olds - sharing recipes, ideas and encouragement!

I'd love to meet some like minded people who are working at a low carb diet.

Replies

• Hi! I'm just starting to low carb again. I did it last year for about a month and lost maybe 8lbs. I'm really hoping I can make it that along again! It's tough but meal planning really is the only way to get through it sanely. I've been using Pinterest to find some great new recipes and can't wait to try them! Good luck to you!
  • Mjbcoffee
    Mjbcoffee Posts: 34 Member
    Yes, Low Carb is a challenge! We live in Europe ( Albania) and there is a limited amount of low carb quick meals. Everything is made from scratch.
    My favorite breakfast. Chocolate Omelet/ crepe
    2 tsp. Cocoa powder
    3 Tablespoons heavy cream or coconut cream
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    Sweetener of choice - I used a stevia and erythritol blend, about 1- 2 Tablespoons
    2 Egg
    Pinch of salt
    1 Tablespoon butter or coaching oil for frying
    Instructions
    Handful of blueberries, frozen or fresh or other additions (coconut, 70% chocolate shavings, nuts, berries)
    Whipped cream

Heat a small fry pan/omelet pan and melt butter - swirl to coat.
    Beat eggs with cream, cocoa, vanilla, salt and sweetener. Pour into pan and swirl to coat. When bubbles appear and or edges appear dry, add blueberries. Cook till center is not liquidy, serve - topped with whipped cream, sweetened.
  • wconnard
    wconnard Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, just joined mfp as a way to make myself more structured with carb counts. I'm three weeks in and my weight loss has stalled so I've been on a mission to get structured and motivated! I found a blog via Pinterest "I breathe, I'm hungry" she has amazing recipes. I tried her snickerdoodle crepes this morning and am thinking about using her egg fast menu next week to get the scales moving.
  • Mjbcoffee
    Mjbcoffee Posts: 34 Member
    wconnard wrote: »
    Hi, just joined mfp as a way to make myself more structured with carb counts. I'm three weeks in and my weight loss has stalled so I've been on a mission to get structured and motivated! I found a blog via Pinterest "I breathe, I'm hungry" she has amazing recipes. I tried her snickerdoodle crepes this morning and am thinking about using her egg fast menu next week to get the scales moving.

Thank you for the link! We made the snickerdoodles crepes for breakfast and they were awesome!! She had some other great looking recipes!