Any detox suggestions ?

Options
I have many friends who detox. I hear about various detoxes which will boost your weight lose. Any suggestions ?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I suggest you stop listening to your friends and forget detoxes! They are total bunk and completely unneccesary, even harmful. Your kidneys and liver detox you all you need, and if they aren't up to snuff, you need a doctor, not a detox!
  • staceyannr
    staceyannr Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well thank you
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Eat fruit and veggies, lean protein, whole grains and healthy fats. Drink water and tea. Stay away from booze, other drugs and any food that your body doesn't tolerate. Your body will detox itself. Beware of anyone who tells you otherwise especially if they are trying to sell you something. They are either mis-informed, scamming you or both
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I'm running out of MFP friendly Detox gifs.

tumblr_inline_mmmsegJ9Mt1qz4rgp.gif
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Where is master peep detox guy when you need him?

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Where is master peep detox guy when you need him?

Haha, the thread is still young
  • runnrchic
    runnrchic Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Eat fruits, veggies, nuts, legumes, and whole gains. Wait a little while. Then poop it out. I do this detox every day!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    @tincanonastring‌ you are needed good sir.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Get 5 goats. Find a mountain, carry each one up individually. Sacrifice the goats on a Tuesday with a full moon on an odd numbered day. Light 3 candles and spin counterclockwise.

The toxins in your body will run away, and you will be fine. Forget that your body detoxes itself, science doesn't real.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Detoxes are a total scam. Please don't buy into it.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    kaseyr1505 wrote: »
    Get 5 goats. Find a mountain, carry each one up individually. Sacrifice the goats on a Tuesday with a full moon on an odd numbered day. Light 3 candles and spin counterclockwise.

The toxins in your body will run away, and you will be fine. Forget that your body detoxes itself, science doesn't real.

will this help me drop about 20 pounds also?
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options

Yes, but only if you hop on one foot. You can trust me, I took a class once.

• stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options

Yes, but only if you hop on one foot. You can trust me, I took a class once.

I totally trust you ;)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I get a kick out of the master peep cleanse. ;)