Dense nutrition shakes?

Options
I recently tried Shakeology and while I love the flavor and the benefits they claim to have, I do not like paying $150 a month to have it. Are there any other alternatives for a shake with equal benefits?

Replies

• rebwrite
    rebwrite Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really like nitro fusion shakes because they are vegetarian source of protein but still taste really good. The base is a pea protein. My recipe is 1/2 cup coconut/almond unsweetened milk, 1 scoop nitrofusion, 1 tablespoon cocoa, 1/3 cup frozen blueberries.

Because this protein also contains fiber it is very filling. I don't know if it is less than the shakeology. My guess is that it is. However, since all protein costs money I figure I am just paying for a convenient source of protein. ;-)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I don't care to drink my calories, as I want to eat real food, but why don't you make your own?
  • megandhight
    megandhight Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I make my own using Greek yogurt and some fruit.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

I like the shakes because I feel like I get more nutrients than I would making my own, honestly. I do take a prenatal vitamin daily, though, so maybe I am getting enough?
  • Brohan_Son
    Options
    Make your own using whey protein, oatmeal, fruits, milk, peanut butter. Easily 700-900 calories
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Good Lord! I don't want to gain weight. Lol. And we have a nut allergy here, so can't do nuts. Thanks for the suggestions!