protein shakes

Options
can I replace my breakfast with a protein shake? if so, what kind?

Replies

• SHAWNDA74
    SHAWNDA74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes you sure can. Pick any smoothie you like. I like a vanilla oatmeal smoothie. I use almond milk, 2 frozen bananas, honey, 1/2 cup oatmeal and little peanut butter. You really could use just about any smoothie and add oatmeal, peanut butter or a plant based protein powder. I prefer sun warrior it's a plant basef protein. Hope this helps
  • danomitex
    danomitex Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    While it's fine to have a protein shake in the morning, I wouldn't consider it to be a full meal replacement. Make sure to also consume some healthy carbs and fats as well.
  • sassy629
    sassy629 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes it is, I personally like the gnc protien shakes. Their very filling and all the flavors are good. But I try to have some fruit with it Or a boiled egg.
  • badaaz3308
    badaaz3308 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    cool! thanks you guys! HAS ANYONE TRIED THE HERBALIFE SHAKES?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Do whatever you want! I myself wouldn't replace any meals, and definately not with Herbalife. lol.
  • mynameisoliverqueen
    mynameisoliverqueen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    badaaz3308 wrote: »

Don't waste your money!!!!!!

• chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    badaaz3308 wrote: »

Don't waste your money!!!!!!

Agreed!
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    protein supplements are not meal replacements... "smoothie" is okay except that it aint great for weight loss... macerating your food means you will digest far quicker than you would if you were eating and chewing your food. Smoothies are far better once you have everythign under control and need to fuel a workout or something. so you'll be hungrier sooner... your best bet for quick and easy is to simply apply portion control and to be mindful of your macros... protein, fat, carbs... Nothing wrong with a boiled egg, or some almonds, with whole grain toast (even a little butter) and a piece of fruit, like a banana, apple, pear, etc...

good luck
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    protein supplements are not meal replacements... "smoothie" is okay except that it aint great for weight loss... macerating your food means you will digest far quicker than you would if you were eating and chewing your food. Smoothies are far better once you have everythign under control and need to fuel a workout or something. so you'll be hungrier sooner... your best bet for quick and easy is to simply apply portion control and to be mindful of your macros... protein, fat, carbs... Nothing wrong with a boiled egg, or some almonds, with whole grain toast (even a little butter) and a piece of fruit, like a banana, apple, pear, etc...

good luck

Why is protein powder not considered a meal replacement? What constitutes a meal for you isn't the same for everyone else.

Weight loss is calories in vs out... you can have a "smoothie" and still lose weight. Rate of digestion has nothing to do overall with weight (fat) loss over a period of weeks or months.

Smoothies aren't required to "fuel" a workout.

All that matters is macros over the day, even week... each meal doesn't need to be portioned regarding macro makeup.