Middle Thigh

Options
I've never ever, even at 115 pounds not had my thighs rub....at 137 they still rub! I'm not sure if that should be a goal since it may be genetic that my thighs will always rub together, but I've never dedicated any time to them either. My question is, what exercise will help that muscle tone down? Thanks! :wink:

Replies

• Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    bump
  • Rosaleeh81
    Rosaleeh81 Posts: 34
    Options
    i'm with ya :(
    i sometimes use my thigh master LOL..but here are some more:
    http://howtolosethighfatfast.net/inner-thigh-exercises-workout-for-inner-thigh
  • kksp50
    kksp50 Posts: 3
    Options
    I was told to do pliea lunges - stand with feet spread apart with toes pointing out, dip down being careful not to let your knees pass beyond your toes, then stand up. Repeat as many as you can handle. Hope this works for you.
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    I've definitely noticed a loss in my lower and middle thighs from roller derby- I'm not sure how comfortable you are on skates, but it's an amazing workout for your legs and butt! I would think any type of cardio that really works your legs, like running, biking, treadmill, elliptical would help tone up that area.
  • oxyjenic
    oxyjenic Posts: 18
    Options
    Stupid inner thighs! I know just what you mean! I remember in my teens I was EXTREMELY athletic. I played basketball and softball and ran a few miles a day in addition to our regular workouts. I had lean strong arms and a flat stomach, but my inner thighs were always big. I remember when we'd do floor exercises and I'd look down at my flattened thighs just wishing I could cut that inner thigh off and everything would be great! LOL. Now I wish I would have concentrated on how healthy I was and how firm the other parts of my body were because I think the fact that my thighs were bigger than the other girls always made me feel fat and always made me feel like I needed to diet more. This probably isn't a big help, because I honestly have never known what to do about this, but I really believe that once we get as healthy as we can and get down to a healthy weight we need to understand that everyone's body is different and genetics defnitely plays a role, sigh.
  • tinareet
    tinareet Posts: 126
    Options
    im the same :(
    i read somewhere everyones bones can vary in closeness and widness on the bones depending on the shape of their pelvis. so unfortunately it may just be a case of thats the way you were made.but toning your thighs and hips will keep them looking in the best condition and ensure you keep the cardio up so you dont build too much and end up with rugby player thighs(they are attractive on men tho.........)
    xxxx
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump
  • froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    So maybe I'm a little new, but what does "bump" mean? :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Ballet anyone? Look for "bar exercises" - sometimes spelled "barre" These are very popular right now and can be very intense.
  • froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all! I will look up some of the exercise's mentioned! I wish I could do Roller Derby, but my middle name is not grace especially on skates, lol! Actually my hip on one side tilts in which makes my whole leg twist just a bit towards the middle and I trip all over skates....you can laugh! :tongue: My next challenge is Ripped in 30 by Jillian Michaels so maybe some of that will help with my inner thighs as well! Loved the Shred! Thanks again...Have an awesome Monday!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Some people's thighs, just rub together/touch no matter what. Tone 'em, Make your body as strong and healthy as possible, but there is no guarantee that they will not touch.

Some people who's thighs don't touch sometimes don't like the fact that they don't. They think they're the abnormality.

It's funny because everyone wants to be in the other boat. When I was younger, I was super skinny and wanted a curvier bod. Now I'm slightly more curvy and I want it somewhere in the middle. Can't seem to please myself. :P
  • Satya_Ayurveda
    Satya_Ayurveda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well, I am pretty fit and my thighs still touch and rub together. In fact, I can't think of any of my slender friends whose thighs don't. That gap where air whistles through your legs is just not normal... :) Toning and defining the legs are important though. Squats, lunges, abducter, adducter, weighted calf raises, pilates/yoga, etc. Cardio/walking/running, etc just won't do it.