Fruit: yes or no

Options
Tatarataa
Tatarataa Posts: 178 Member
Hi,

even on weight watchers people are discussing whether eating fruit is good or not...I was wondering: is it good to eat fruit as long as i stay in my calories? I love it and I thought it is healthy and keeps me full....what is your experience (of course not the low carb/non carb guys)?

Replies

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Yes it is
  • siurzua
    siurzua Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I say YES!!
  • greaseswabber
    greaseswabber Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Fruit = good
  • BackbeattheFire
    BackbeattheFire Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    YES, there is a lot of healthy vitamins etc in fruit.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    fruit is awesome
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Tatarataa wrote: »
    even on weight watchers people are discussing whether eating fruit is good or not...I was wondering: is it good to eat fruit as long as i stay in my calories?

IIFYM.

If you're not getting enough protein because too many calories are spent on fruit, that's probably not to your benefit.

• tattooedmomma93b
    tattooedmomma93b Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Fruit is great for you! A majority of my diet is fruit! And I'm losing last!
  • tattooedmomma93b
    Options
    Fast**
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    Are you gonna avoid fruits for the rest of your life?
  • mikomikasa
    mikomikasa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about this myself today. Fruit has a lot of sugar, albeit "good" sugars rather than empty ones, but it is a lot of sugar nonetheless. I feel I am spending many calories on fruit to curb my sugar cravings, where I could have much more veg for the same amount of calories and likely feel more full. I am on the fence about this one.
  • tattooedmomma93b
    Options
    Fruit usually fills me, I usually eat it with something else, protein shake or something but even as a snack it curbs my appetite
  • bekanswer
    bekanswer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Fruit is a huge part of my day as well, banana, berry and yoghurt smoothies for breakfast. A piece or two always with lunch. Something else in the afternoon... I like fruit!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Fruit is very good! Just like everything else though, calorie counts vary between types, and moderation and fitting your macros is key.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    YES! Every day I eat at least 2-3 servings of frut.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Virtually all research done on fruit indicates that it's very good for you health and weight.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I eat fruit. It fits my calories and it is good for me.
    It probably wouldn't be healthy to eat so much fruit you don't have enough calories left for foods with the other nutrients your body needs but eating some fruit regularly is perfectly fine.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Yes Fruit! I tend to stick with higher fiber options and pair it with protein.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Fruit is natures candy!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    These posts about fruit worry me so much. When did we get so screwed up in our thinking about food that we believe a piece of fruit is bad for us? :(
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Fruit is very, very good for you. I have to limit my carbs so I limit myself to one serving a day, but I really enjoy my one serving. I agree that if you are eating so much that you don't get enough fat or protein in, you should cut down on it, but that is a very individual thing.