Sharing my journey!

Options
Well firstly hello!

This is the first time I've openly shared my story as I feel it's time.

I've been over weight most of my life and to be honest other than eating too much and exercising very little I have no idea why. I've had many ups and downs in life which have all made me the person I am today. I'm thankful for this. That said, being overweight isn't much fun so about 18 months ago and at 18 stone, I set out to change my life, for me. My goal to be fit and healthy and ultimately happy in my own skin.

I started out with that frightening step of joining a gym, setting myself small targets in the hope that some how it would make a difference. I closely monitored what I was eating as well.

Along the way, many congratulated me on my progress and others judged me feeling I wasn't doing things the right way. Judging what I was eating, how much I was exercising and generally criticising. Although these people very in the minority it's amazing how much effect that had on me. Still although upsetting I gritted my teeth and set out to prove them wrong!

I've still not quite met my ultimate goal but to date I've lost almost 6 stone mainly through perseverance and pure bloody mindedness! I've never asked for help from anyone as this is my journey, which I intend to achieve on my own, for me!

So what's the pint in sharing all of this with you? My message to all is persevere, set small achieveable goals and celebrate when you hit them! My celebratory treat is either a lovely coffee and fab piece of cake or an amazing home cooked roast dinner. Sad but true!

I believe that we can all reach our goals if we're good 90% of the time, that 10% is for living and enjoying life. That's important as otherwise weight loss will never stick.

Be strong, stick with it and if anyone fancies a chat, or if local, joining me for a run drop me line!

Best of luck to all and a huge congrats for making it this far!

Jx

Replies

• SarahOl06
    Options
    Hi,

Great post and good luck with your 'journey'. My goal too is not to set standards and expectations I cannot meet...I just want to slowly but surely, get to a weight that makes me feel happier about myself :)