How do I lose 20 pounds ?!

Options
I have already lost alot of weight but it's almost impossible to lose these last 20 pounds . I do cardio three times a week ..and started on 1200 calories plan per day 17 days ago . Haven't seen much progress though ..trying not to lose hope again cuz when I lose hope I gain few pounds instantly as I jump on to junk food for comfort and to overcome hopelessness and depression :(

Replies

• StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Oh you've come so far! Be proud of that tremendous accomplishment. May I suggest some weight training. That will increase you resting metabolism. Now I need to follow your lead and do more cardio to go with my weight training.
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    1200 is really low calories. Your body got use to that calorie intake.

If I were you I would increase your calories for a few days and then drop it down. It's like shocking your system

Good luck bhaji :)
  • SashaMaja
    SashaMaja Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am in nearly the same boat. I lost a lot of weight a few years ago and kept it off until I started experiencing chronic pain that at times was just too hard to take. I started soothing myself with food. I gained back 20 pounds and I am furious with myself. I am working out both at a gym and at home with DVDs when I can't make it to the gym. I just started because I was not cleared for exercise until very recently. I'm working with a personal trainer and she is working me way harder than I would have worked myself. I would have babied myself, afraid of creating pain. My eating habits are not in order yet. My advice is to seek out some help to get you on the right track, maybe work with a trainer once or twice and have him/her give you a set of strength and cardio exercises that you can do on your own. If you prefer to work at home there are some great DVDs for strength training/circuit training. Jillian Michaels and Jari Love come to mind. I think you and I have some challenges in common. Feel free to add me if you would like. I think we'd be good support for each other.
  • sarahassan21
    Options
    Thanks @StrongLife‌ I would definitely try weight training :) and @BiggyFuzz‌ bhaji ?
  • sarahassan21
    Options
    Thanks a lot @SashaMaja‌ I'm planning to take personal training from next month as I think my body is quiet used to similar type of cardio. So let's see how it goes .and Sure I'll add ya up .
  • ScottJTyler
    ScottJTyler Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Increase activity. Walk to the shops, do more housework, just move about. Spend as little time as possible sat down. Also lift weights.
  • sarahassan21
    Options
    Thanx for the advice @ScottJTyler‌
  • mynameisoliverqueen
    mynameisoliverqueen Posts: 63 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What is your body fat & lean mass percentages? Don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat, and if you are now building muscle, it will be harder to lose weight, but the gains are from the body fat dropping. Muscle = good, fat = bad, weight = something the magazines talk about to make normal people feel bad!
  • ma_joane
    ma_joane Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Change your routine! Do strength workout, lift weights it burns more fats, change your diet, I'm so frustrated about my weight too and im struggling to lose more lbs, I tried to change my workout routine i enrolled in boxing