Feeling alone

Options
I lost 25 lbs last time I did MFP and KEPT IT OFF FOR 2 yrs and over the last year 20 of it has come back. So I'm back on track but need support. It's lonely doing this on my own. I have not shared with my spouse or friends that I've started this journey again because I just want to have them see the genuine results. I exercise often, I run, do lots of 5 and 10ks, bike, hike and Rock climb. So I know I got the exercise part down. But I need to stick to the calories part. I'm running my first 10 mile race in the fall and would love to be down those 20 lbs. any encouragement and support or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Replies

• bekanswer
    bekanswer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow you sound like you are doing amazing! I wish I had that kind of energy to do all that. Add me if you would like, my diary is open.

You have totally got this! What is your weight loss goal?
  • mausbop
    mausbop Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    We are here to support you! I'm pretty new here but I can cheer up anyone that needs it!
    Keep going and keep your calories counted, I'm sure you can reach your goal ;)
  • stephanie1x2
    stephanie1x2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :) we can support each other!
  • mustardyellowshirt
    mustardyellowshirt Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me as well. :) I am more or less alone on this journey also, besides MFP's...who've honestly been more caring and supportive than anyone physically around me.
    You're doing some awesome stuff!
  • dschrader63
    dschrader63 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Add me as a friend if you like.
  • lindsmayf
    lindsmayf Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I totally get it. You don't want to hype up your weight loss plans, just in case you don't get the results you're planning. I do notice that it helps me a LOT to be able to share my goals with just a couple people IRL. That way it becomes part of your daily life instead of a secret!
  • laurawins
    laurawins Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have had some success with MFP in the past and am also looking to reinvigorate my efforts this spring! Please feel free to add me as a friend - I have found the online support to be incredibly powerful!
    -
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I totally get that! My husband finally decided to join me in my journey last week. It has been so much easier to stick to my healthy choices!!
    Feel free to add me :) I log everyday
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I know I stuck to so many more of my fitness goals when I told someone about them - that way, I didn't want to let them down.

Maybe you should tell someone - but not everyone - about your goals and that way you know someone out there knows what you want to achieve and you may not want to let them down.

For example, I am running my first ever 5K this year. I weighed 340lbs in July 2012 and sitting on my parents' couch I told my mom I'm going to run a 5K. She looked at me, as someone who has been involved in sports most of my life but really, really let myself go once I hit university, and said you've got a long way to go. And I did - I didn't realize at the time, but I did. Now, I'm around 250 - 260lbs (so 80 - 90lbs lighter) and I'm finally running my first 5K. My parents are so excited they're waking up at 7 am on a Sunday to watch me start and finish. I think my telling someone your goals it helps keep you accountable and on track.
  • azolaura
    azolaura Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'd love to support you on your journey, and I know I could use the support on mine. Please feel free to add me, too! :)
  • dtsbrown
    dtsbrown Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    acorsaut89 wrote: »
    I know I stuck to so many more of my fitness goals when I told someone about them - that way, I didn't want to let them down.

Maybe you should tell someone - but not everyone - about your goals and that way you know someone out there knows what you want to achieve and you may not want to let them down.

For example, I am running my first ever 5K this year. I weighed 340lbs in July 2012 and sitting on my parents' couch I told my mom I'm going to run a 5K. She looked at me, as someone who has been involved in sports most of my life but really, really let myself go once I hit university, and said you've got a long way to go. And I did - I didn't realize at the time, but I did. Now, I'm around 250 - 260lbs (so 80 - 90lbs lighter) and I'm finally running my first 5K. My parents are so excited they're waking up at 7 am on a Sunday to watch me start and finish. I think my telling someone your goals it helps keep you accountable and on track.

• dtsbrown
    Options
    Wow that is fantastic About your 1st 5k. Excellent job!!! Be sure to drink plenty of fluids the day proceeding your run and carb load the night before. Great accomushment!
  • dtsbrown
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. My goal is to lose between 20-25 lbs. thanks fi
    bekanswer wrote: »
    Wow you sound like you are doing amazing! I wish I had that kind of energy to do all that. Add me if you would like, my diary is open.

You have totally got this! What is your weight loss goal?
    dtsbrown wrote: »
    Wow that is fantastic About your 1st 5k. Excellent job!!! Be sure to drink plenty of fluids the day proceeding your run and carb load the night before. Great accomushment!

• dtsbrown
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support and advice. It is true letting others know holds us accountable which is scary but actually a great thing. I appreciate all your feedback and encouragement.
  • Kate5283kate
    Kate5283kate Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me! I was in a similar place (though with more to lose) - very athletic, but not controlling what I was eating