25 year old female with a 70lbs loss goal by October!

Options
Hi everyone, I have given myself a goal of 70lbs by the beginning of October (my 26th birthday!). I have changed my diet dramatically and have stared walking most nights of the week. My biggest downfall is alcohol...!! :neutral_face: I am working on changing this though :smile: I currently weight 213lbs and am 5ft 7. I have an office job so getting out walking after work is essential! I am looking at a local gym which offers all sorts of classes so will be signing up soon for an extra boost. If anyone is in a similar situation as me feel free to add or message me! I need all he help I can get :smile: x

Replies

• HeartyHealthy
    HeartyHealthy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hope you can realize that goal! The alcohol needs to be cut out especially initially as it is just empty calories, that said you can use some of your calories to factor in a drink if you eel the need, But to lose 70 by the beginning of Oct you will really have to keep with it!
  • simone_slims_down
    Options
    I'm 24 and down 29kgs since baby number 2 who was born mid October 2014. I clean eat 90% of the time, count my macros and exercise almost daily feel free to add me or follow on Instagram for daily motivation on @simone_slims_down
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this! Feel free to add me as a friend. I have lost 86 pounds with the help of MFP!
  • kayleereade
    kayleereade Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies everyone! its so motivating to speak to people like you guys. The alcohol needs to go :( My biggest weakness but hopefully with your motivation I can do it! Well done on all of your weight loss, its incredible! well done girls! I will add you all now. My diary is open too so you will see what I mean about the drinks- this weekend was awful! x
  • mausbop
    mausbop Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm here only since few days but I find this community simply amazing! And the tool itself can be so motivating, easy to use and to keep you on track.
    Just believe in yourself, learn from your mistakes and focus on the positive things (*)
  • Emj30135
    Emj30135 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am somewhat in the same boat! I am 26 and 5'4. I currently weigh around 195. (Haven't weighed in a few days). I gained 55 lbs. with baby number 2 and I am more than ready to lose the weight!! My sister is getting married at the beginning of November. I am hoping to lose at least 40 lbs. by then. My goal is to lose 55-60 lbs. though. I have been eating 1100-1200 calories a day, exercising for 40 minutes a day and eating healthy foods and drinking tons of water. I've already lost 8 lbs. in 2 weeks! I think the success of the weight loss so far has to do with the fact that before I started my lifestyle change, I was not exercising at all, eating horrible foods and tons of calories with hardly any water in my diet. I hope you have great success! If anyone would like to add me as a friend on here so we can cheer each other on, feel free to do so!!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    That's roughly 3# a week or 12# a month. Its a very aggressive goal. I think you need to re-evaluate it. I'm not saying that is ISN'T possible.....but it will be very difficult to achieve.

In the beginning, it will be OK...at 213#, losing 3# a week will be possible. When you get closer to goal weight....it will be ALOT harder to maintain.

Just don't set yourself up for frustration and failure.

Good Luck!
  • kayleereade
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words :) Its so nice to know that Im not the only one! Its been quite daunting looking at how far I have to go but its great to know that i'm not on my own! One week at a time! Well done on your losses so far everyone :) I understand that my goal does require a lot of hard work. I am happy to re-evaluate a few weeks down the line, once the initial higher weight loss is over and see what happens.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    BTW - I am very similar to you. I started Jan 1 at 222 and am currently 205. 5'6" Though my goal weight is 170.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I started at 5'11 and 215 lbs. I dropped 50 lbs in about 10 months and it was very very aggressive. It has now been 14 months and I have lost just over 66 lbs, so still shy of your 70 lb goal.

Being successful at weight loss has a lot to do with setting reasonable goals and then devising a plan to meet them. Good luck and try to be realistic.
  • kayleereade
    Options
    Thank you for your advice. As a first time dieter I am sure to run in to some obstacles, i am hoping using MFP for advice and motivation (and any useful criticism of my diary!) to help me along the way x