weight loss issue

Options
I'm trying to figure out which is more effective for fat loss. I really could care less what the scale says number wise as long as I look half way decent. I've been at the gym for a little bit now around 4 times a week. I work outdoors so my cardio isn't completely absent in my routines. I went from around 207 down to ballpark 193. The scale is not the best judge as to how my progress is and I understand that my weight will go up and down a little each day. My eating habits have changed but my progress has seemed to level off. Most of the weight I had lost I presume to be mostly water weight. I also take a vita pack each day. I know what I am doing is all in my benefit regarding diet, exercise and vita pack. Is there anything I can do to change this "leveling off"?

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you stopped losing weight? Can you open your diary?
  • djland318
    djland318 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just started using this app so this diary is not sufficient to make an honest call. My morning consists of 2 hard boiled eggs and some Greek yogurt, 1/4 pound of broccoli salad and a 1/4 pound of turkey for lunch. I haven't figured out dinner yet. 2 UMP vanilla protein shakes. One before and one after the gym later tonight. I'm pretty much drinking water. If it's not water then it's water with a emergen-c pack. The only other thing in my intake is my vita pack each morning
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Were you tracking calories before? If so, how?
  • djland318
    Options
    Just kept a list at home. If my figures were correct I was around 1500--1800 calories per day. If I ate cheese my saturated fat was much higher
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    #1 - How long have you been losing weight (i.e., when were you 207#?)

#2 - How long have you been 193#?
  • djland318
    Options
    From 207 to 193 it took me about 3 weeks surprisingly. I've leveled off here for the past 3 weeks or so
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    djland318 wrote: »
    Just kept a list at home. If my figures were correct I was around 1500--1800 calories per day. If I ate cheese my saturated fat was much higher
    If you did not weigh or at least measure those foods while looking up their nutritional value, you have no idea how much you ate. Also, 300 calories is a LARGE range unless you were doing the MFP neat method of having baseline consumption on rest days and then eating back exercise calories.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

If you want to lose weight you need to keep accurate track of your calorie intake. "I was right around" is not nearly good enough.
  • phill_143
    phill_143 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm curious - what is 'vita pack' ? (Google just showed me playstation games when I searched for this!)
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    If you were losing weight and you stopped losing weight and you're not weighing or logging your food..... you're probably eating too much.
  • djland318
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

If you want to lose weight you need to keep accurate track of your calorie intake. "I was right around" is not nearly good enough.

That's why I started using this app. I was making servings sizes listed on where ever I found the recipes for what I was making. Chicken breast, steak, etc.
  • djland318
    Options
    phill_143 wrote: »
    I'm curious - what is 'vita pack' ? (Google just showed me playstation games when I searched for this!)

Gnc vita packs. I started using energy and metabolism. I went back in for another month supply and the guy told me to try this stuff called gnc ripped vita pack. Same price at the time. I'm on that now
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

That's why I started using this app. I was making servings sizes listed on where ever I found the recipes for what I was making. Chicken breast, steak, etc.

Since you've just started using the app, I would give it some time before seeking additional tips to address your plateau. Once you start tracking, you may realize you were eating more than you that and that was driving your lack of progress.
  • djland318
    Options

Since you've just started using the app, I would give it some time before seeking additional tips to address your plateau. Once you start tracking, you may realize you were eating more than you that and that was driving your lack of progress.

I hope you are correct.
  • djland318
    Options
    Another question I have is regarding my resistance training. I don't need to be able to put 6 grand pianos on my back and run a mile but what sort of routine should I be working with? I'm working chest and arms Monday's and Thursday's, shoulders and back on Tuesdays and Fridays. Abdominals on which days I'm not as sore