Defeat

Options
So today I lost to myself ..... My bf who had decided to make burgers for dinner ... Great those are healthy full of protien etc awesome .... And then he pulled out the bacon and. I just let myself have it .... 4 days in and im defeated by bacon ?!! Idk im really patient withy body as well wich is why I almost never actually end up losing weight and keeping it off the last run I took at this I lost about 5 lbs in a month great ! Then I gained three the next one and just out right gave up .... Any one else know the feelings with this like sometimes your just too tired or stressed to want to eat healthy or work out ?? Idk I feel completely descussed with myself right now

Replies

• katie5524
    katie5524 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    ImpAtient **
  • mlrice1s
    mlrice1s Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a crappy day too; well let's make that a crappy weekend. I was told that "if we don't plan, we plan to fail" but my issue is sticking to the plan.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    It's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Are you going to stop eating bacon for the rest of your life? If no, then eat the bacon, enjoy it and let it fit in your calories.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Bacon is one of the five food groups. If you don't plan for bacon, you plan for defeat.

In all seriousness though, you don't have to give up bacon, or anything else you love. Just fit it into your day rather than trying to restrict it. If you say you won't have it, then do, you'll be outside your plan. Better to know you're going to have it, control how much you have, not feel deprived and enjoy!
  • mausbop
    mausbop Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I agree with what posted above and that's one advice I read through the forum in the last days, I've to say it's pure truth! Don't give up on something if you are not ready to do it for the rest of your life, it's just not working and not even fair...if you like it and you can eat it with moderation...why removing it from your diet?
    Just keep track of those calories and try to let them fit in your daily net, exercise a little and be proud of yourself for being active/healthy/happy and yet eating bacon! :D
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Enjoy your bacon. No failure.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You shouldnt be too tired or stressed. thse days I have far more energy and am less stressed. You dont sound as though youve thought out what you need to do nor do you sound that commited.

Learn what losing weight involves+ babysteps+ one day at a time. At some point if you wnat to lose weight you will need to take responsibility and eat hat little bit less and move that little bit more until you are in deficit. You cna have a burger , you can have bacon except if you wnat to lose weight then you need to have less of it.
  • laurawins
    laurawins Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    There are so many cliches I could write, but the bottom line is that you cannot beat yourself up over bacon! Health and weight loss is a journey, and there are going to be bumps along the way. You can choose to go around them or go right over them and on to the next bend in the road. If it makes you feel any better, this weekend I made a carrot cake for the first time in my life - with a pound of cream cheese and a stick of butter and all of the real sugar it called for - and I ate a piece a day for three days. Today, I am back to my routine and will hit the gym for Insanity class at 5. Oh, and I turned 49 last Monday. Enjoy the bacon and move on.
    -
  • katie5524
    Options
    Thanks guys :) that was the kick in the *kitten* I needed
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    It's just one day on your journey..Make today great!!!!
  • katie5524
    Options
    Thanks !! I shall try my stomach is mad at me atm lol it says u ate crap last night now your in for it lol