iPod apps Couch to 5k

Options
dmoses
dmoses Posts: 786 Member
Has anyone used any of the Couch to 5k ipod apps? There are several to choose from, and I was wondering which, if ANY, would you recommend? I'm not a runner, so I need all the prompting and encouragement I can get!
Thanks for your suggestions!

Replies

• lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    Mine is just called C25K. The icon is a green cirlcle with a white stick figure running over "5K" in print. Sorry does that help??
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    And I love the app. I didn't try any others, but I haven't had any issues with this. Plays my music and prompts when to run, walk and lets you know when you are half way through.
  • fitnessbugg
    fitnessbugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have not tried the Ipod one, but have the Android app. If you do a search for C25K on here, you will get a TON of info. Good luck with it. It's really a great way to get running.
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Mine is also Couch to 5K, from the App. Store, it's a brown square with white 5k. It worked well! It was $2.99. :smile:
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yes, I used and graduated from the C25K or Couch to 5K appl on my iPod Touch.
  • Ruby53
    Ruby53 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I found a podcast which worked really well!!
  • lvigue
    lvigue Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't have the app for C25K, but I have been doing it. I printed out the schedule and taped it week to week to my tread mill. I am on Week 6, and haven't stumbled yet. Considering I was barely exercising before this except for one month of walking 3X week at 3-4 MPH, it can be done!!! I just completed Week 5, Day 3 on Sat. and I thought I wouldn't (jog 20 minutes straight), since I hadn't jogged over 8 minutes straight before that, and I did it!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PROGRAM! Especially for those, like me, new to walking/jogging. It has also helped me lose 20 pounds while incorporating with My Fitness Plan (1440 cals per day).

Good luck!
  • Bethy25
    Bethy25 Posts: 73
    Options
    mine is the NHS C25k. I like it a lot and it's FREE on Itunes! Music is fairly motivating and has a good beat to keep your speed up!
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I picked the one with the best reviews. I think they are all pretty similar. What was important to me was that I could play my own music.
  • jemmur
    jemmur Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i use the "get running" app. i really like it - can play my own music and it's easy to see how far through a run/walk/day/program i am, with a quick glance.

if runkeeper is still free, you can use it too. it's a bit fiddlier because you have to program it yourself to tell you when to run/walk but if i can do it, anyone can!
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions!! I always like to know what others' experiences have been.