Major Weight Loss

Options
2»

Replies

• helen195
    helen195 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have a long term goal of losing 70lb, but taking it in chunks - 10lb first!
  • Phoenix4me18
    Phoenix4me18 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi! In a similar boat - have 95 pounds to lose. Man, still scares the crap out of me typing that number! I had pretty much taken myself off of any sort of priority list for the last 15 years. Now, I am finally to a place that I have realized it is absolutely ok to want to take care of myself and my health. It actually isn't a selfish thing to do (or, if it is, I am ok with that). I always feel so much more encouraged knowing there are others out there facing a large number to lose. I liked reading so many are taking it 5 or 10 pounds at a time. That is a great way to look at it! I think I am going to get on board with that thinking as well. Much less daunting than facing a big 9-5!

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Debbz137
    Debbz137 Posts: 5
    Options
    Im trying to lose at least 80 pounds. Got myself a trainer and actually schedule time for me at the gym. It's not going to happen overnight but it will happen 1 pound at a time~
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I have 70-80 for myself. I am trying to focus on eating better, but we all have days that are tough. Keep going and keep your goal in mind. It will take me a long time to get this done, but I am not giving up.
  • insideoutgirl
    insideoutgirl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping for starting with 25lbs but really need to lose a total of at least 75. I agree these numbers are scary to say out loud. I'm 7.5 lbs down - it's a start.

I'm in Minnesota and looking for support!
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I've got 63kg to lose all up. I think that's about 139lbs. I'm down 20.8kg, a third of the way through.
  • smh21183
    smh21183 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    In the same boat! My goal is to drop 100 but I would really like to drop 120.

I am really trying to focus on being healthy, not just the weight loss. But in just one week, I dropped 2 pounds!

Adding exercise is wonderful and you start to feel better in a matter of a week! I look forward to my workouts now (most days)!

Good luck to you! I know you can do it.

Add me if you like!
  • MythicalMe84
    MythicalMe84 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 32 so far and would like to lose about 110 more! One thing I'm learning is that it doesn't happen overnight and there is not an easy way out. It's a lot of work and dedication.
  • kelleybug25
    kelleybug25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here! I have gained more than 100 lbs since I married my husband. 2 kids and many up's and down's emotionally I feel like it's hopeless at times!!! But I'm trying and I guess that's what matters.