Looking for a healthier desert option?

Options
mocadet95
mocadet95 Posts: 75 Member
Hey guys! I've struggled recently for some healthy desert options and I have come up with just a few options for you guys! And you are most definitely welcome to posting your ideas and findings as well!

1.) frozen grapes with a drizzle of honey.
-it's so simple but so good! I love this on warmer days to throw in my lunch and go to school! Or even just throw in a Baggie on a hike and throw into my pocket for something to cool me down.
-all you must do is put a handful of washed grapes in a bowl and put them in your freezer for about 3 hours or overnight. If you want the honey on top you can either throw the honey on them before you freeze them or if you want fresh honey just put it on after they're done freezing! And walla!

2. Banana cinnamon honey drizzle
-so so good for a quick desert.
-first cut up some bananas on a plate or in a bowl, then drizzle a little honey and some cinnamon on top. And that's it! It's simple but I love it.

3. Vegan banana ice cream
-slice 2 bananas in a bowl. Place in freezer for 2 to 3 hours or overnight. Once frozen place in a blender and blend until it is a creamy consistency. Add in berries, cocoa powder, peanut butter, almonds. Whatever you like! I love adding almonds, pb and some cocoa powder in mine. Then blend them all together and place in the freezer for about 30 more mins :)

4. Chia seed pudding
-add a cup of vanilla almond milk (or skim milk) into a glass. Then add 2tbsp of chia seeds. Add honey or maple syrup to your liking (I only add a tbsp so it isn't TOO sweet) and then put it in your freezer for 3 to 4 hours. Every once in awhile stir the mixture together! Once it has frozen for awhile it will be a applesauce type consistency ! Then you can add berries on top or eat it plan! I eat mine with strawberries. By far my favorite desert :)

Hope that these deserts help you out and you enjoy them. If you have any healthy desert options please share them below! You can even include pictures!

Replies

• auchataj
    auchataj Posts: 2
    Options
    How bout protein pudding or flan made wit cashew milk 2 glasses of it warm it up add one packet of unflavor gelaton 2 scoopes of protein whatever flavor u like I personally like banana protein!! Stir it up till mixed!! Put in the fridge for about 2 hours!! When they r ready I love putting cinnamon on top and enjoy!! Servings about 6! PROTEIN:8 grams each. CARBS:3 grams each. FAT:3 grams each. CALORIES: 45 each
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water & try not to be out during the heat of the day.
    Also, watch out for snakes, spiders, scorpions.
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »

Also depends if you're wanting a hot or cold desert. Cold deserts (tundras) tend to be extremely cold, so it's best to keep warm under layers and layers of clothing! Maybe some low-cal syrup for snow cones?
  • SarahHadley95
    SarahHadley95 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite has been 2 meringue nests (the ones in coop are only 50cal each) with a spoonful of no fat Greek yogurt sweetened with splenda one each, topped with strawberry's or raspberry. Works out about 150 calories, but not so good if your watching your sugar.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I like desserts too.

This is delightful, a chocolate banana torte.

I started breakfast last week with a watermelon/banana/coconut salad, with a dollop of 0% greek yogurt, that was very refreshing.
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    votkuhr wrote: »
    MKEgal wrote: »

Also depends if you're wanting a hot or cold desert. Cold deserts (tundras) tend to be extremely cold, so it's best to keep warm under layers and layers of clothing! Maybe some low-cal syrup for snow cones?

Also watch out for polar bears. They do not care about the calorie content of your average human desert explorer. They only care about hitting their protein goals.

I'm sorry for being snarky. To add something constructive to the discussion - I love sorbet.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I have whatever I want, I just make it fit.

Found about these this morning and now I am going to the grocery store after work:
    m7wb6ipvi681.jpg
    Om nom! 260 calories. :heart_eyes:
  • hillarysiegel24
    hillarysiegel24 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Strawberries with whipped cream over some vanilla ice cream (or alone) is my FAVORITE!
  • Cellgirl99
    Cellgirl99 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I mix 1 serving (2Tbs) of PB2 and then I eat it with a spoon and on each spoonful I do 1 squirt of fat free redi-whip.