Share your treadmill routine

Options
Hey!

I love treadmills so much I bought one! I do strength training as well, but the treadmill is something I actually enjoy!

Obviously, I am trying to lose weight as well as enjoying the experience! I'm doing 30 minutes before breakfast at the moment, like this:

10mins warm up
2mins speed 5, Incline 2
3mins. Speed 6. Incline 3
1min. Speed 8. Incline 2
2min. Speed 6. Incline 3
1min. Speed 8. Incline 2
1min. Speed 6. Incline 2

10 min High intensity Intervals

Alternating: 1min. Speed 6, incline 3
1min. Speed 12 incline 4. (Kills me!)

10 min Hill walking
Speed 6, alternating incline 4 & 8

Cool down

I have no idea if this is anywhere near the most effective routine, but it keeps it interesting and sustainable!

Replies

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing the Zombie Run app. I love it!
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I glance over at the treadmills at the start of every workout, then continue to walk to the weights area...
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I just run.

Anywhere from 5 to 20 miles :)
  • slowbutsure2
    Options
    l
    alyhuggan wrote: »
    I glance over at the treadmills at the start of every workout, then continue to walk to the weights area...

lol, you never know that treadmill may be really enjoyable!
  • slowbutsure2
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »

Not heard of that, I'll take a look.
  • aksteve777
    aksteve777 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    haha..

• aksteve777
    aksteve777 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Get on it and ramp it to fifteen and do 65 minutes as hard as I can...ride her hard and leave her wet with my sweat...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

ditto
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »

Me too! I love the Zombie Run app! I do it outside though...I hate running on a treadmill.
  • Numb5kull
    Numb5kull Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Dreadmill routine = Use if all else fails. Dust off bi-weekly.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've been doing the routine at the bottom of this article, 2-3 times a week.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/get-ripped-get-walking
  • cosmiqrecovery
    cosmiqrecovery Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Fellow Zombies Run! user. I've been running for several years so I jog 5-6mph during the story cuts and run 6.5-7.5mph with the occasional 8.5-9mph sprint. Usually I'll keep it around 45 minutes. It's amazing how some people have different preferences and actually enjoy cardio, right? Wild.
  • slowbutsure2
    Options
    aksteve777 wrote: »
    Get on it and ramp it to fifteen and do 65 minutes as hard as I can...ride her hard and leave her wet with my sweat...

That would put me in casualty!
  • slowbutsure2
    Options
    Fellow Zombies Run! user. I've been running for several years so I jog 5-6mph during the story cuts and run 6.5-7.5mph with the occasional 8.5-9mph sprint. Usually I'll keep it around 45 minutes. It's amazing how some people have different preferences and actually enjoy cardio, right? Wild.

I downloaded Zombi run and tried it today. I like the interactive story idea, but I don't find the long periods of silence very motivating. Am I missing something?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

+1.... Sometimes I use them to put my towel on.
  • slowbutsure2
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

+1.... Sometimes I use them to put my towel on.

I used to do that but strangely discovered I enjoy the treadmill. At this stage I get frustrated with weights, I know I'm not going to put loads of muscle on when I'm at a calorie deficit, and that the goal is to tone and not lose muscle, but that just doesn't do it for me. I do body weight exercises most days, circuit training etc. when I hit my goal weight I will probably go back to weights again. I'm an easy gainer with fat and a hard gainer with muscle!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Seems like a very expensive drying rack for my running kit.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I download music videos and string them together into what makes the most sense for me, into 70 minute playlists on one of my tablets.. 2 minute warm up/cool down and then based on tempo and incline to hit the level I need to keep my heart rate around around 140. I also really started to appreciate the treadmill this winter (my own, I don't belong to a gym). Watching TV or attempting to read is boring, but music videos make the time fly.

YouTube has a lot of virtual running and hiking videos which are kind of intriguing if you add your own music.

After treadmill I then do free weights.

Keep doing whatever works for you!
  • ffswmn
    ffswmn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I do a slightly modified bell curve workout. I warm up for 5 minutes then every minute I increase my incline by 1% until I am at 15% then walk that for as long as I can, then work my way back down to 0% incline, 5 minute cool down. Don't hold onto the handles.