Cake Addict

Options
exstromn
exstromn Posts: 168 Member
I made birthday cupcakes for my daughter and mini cupcakes for the Sunday school kids this weekend. Once I have one, I can't stop. If I see it I want it. I'm OK now back on track for the week, but weekends seem to slay me and stomp on my best intentions.

Does anyone else have a kryptonite food that they can't control? For those who have truly succeeded in resisting, what was/is your method?

Replies

• pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake! i love it, but I had to start buying the whole cake rather than a slice, and then halving the amount the precut ones were, so i only have half the cals, i just work it into my cals for the day when i have cheesecake, i cant dent myself anything, as i would end up inhaling a whole cake lol! x
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake is mine.
    And banana loaf.
    And carrot cake.
    And maple and pecan tart.
    And coffee and walnut cake.
    And peanut butter cake.
    And pear & almond frangipane tart.
    And cake.

Fitting it in to my daily goals, and thereafter willpower is my only tactic. Not a foolproof tactic, but seems to be working as far as the scale goes.
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Little Debbie cakes. I will eat the whole box in a day. I don't care. So I just... don't buy them lol. I am weak.
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    oh that pear and frangipane tart sounds lovely lol!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    tomato pie and soft pretzels. mmmm carbs...
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Cake and cookie, absolutely. I'm a big baker, so I just stopped making them. Since I am so used to eating the kind made from scratch, store-bought generally won't fulfill my craving, it's just not the same. My family just has to have a yummy smoothie instead and deal, lol.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Grapes. I could eat grapes all day. You think just one wont hurt but then you've eaten every grape on the vine.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Wine is mine.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Its cake for me too, but not box cake or grocery cake but expensive cup cakes, and cake from the bakery. I can resist cake if I know it isnt going to be fabulous. I am a cake snob, It better be italian butter cream frosting or I'm fine with not having any. I never go to the bakery or to my cup cake spots unless there is an event like a birthday. I will eat all the cup cakes man all of them.

If I can't control myself around a food, I simply will not buy it. There aren't amny foods that get me this way but cake is WAAAYYYYY up there.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    adamitri wrote: »
    Grapes. I could eat grapes all day. You think just one wont hurt but then you've eaten every grape on the vine.

Lol me too. So refreshing, especially when frozen.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You really don't -have- to have it. You're much stronger than you think. I gave up 90% of my vice foods cold-turkey and it's been over a year since I have had even a morsel of most of them. And you're talking to someone who could take down large bags of doritos and family size bars of cadbury chocolate in a single sitting. I can't really explain my strategy beyond 'just don't do it'. Don't do it, don't buy that, don't go there. Have something else. It feels pretty odd still, walking down the junk aisle of the grocery store and knowing that these foods are no longer even options I have to consider. I don't crave them anymore.

I had a donut a few weeks ago, but I made that donut last a good half hour by cutting it with a plastic knife, and cutting off one bit at a time, having my bite, waiting a few minutes before my next bit. You could probably do the same with a cupcake. A couple weeks ago I had a teeny tiny cup of haagen daaz. I DO give myself the option, but very rarely. It has to be a special occasion or holiday/vacation.

I haven't had a little debbie snack cake since November of 2013.... my memory of it now is some cheap cake filled with fake tasting cream, encased in a thin coating of candle wax. Why did I eat the whole box then? Our craving for foods is a weird thing sometimes. But we're all stronger than a craving.

Good luck!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I just eat whatever it is I want, as long as I fit it into my calorie goal.

I had a slice of pizza and Tastykakes today. Later on I'm having some ice cream.

It's all about moderation.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Cheesecake is mine. I just cannot stop myself. So i kindly remove myself from situations in which i might run into delicious cheesecake. :P

it's okay every now and then, but i can seriously eat a few thousand calories worth of cheesecake.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I can't keep brownie mix in the house. I'll eat half the pan when they're done and then be keeled over with a stomach ache after.

oh, and pizza too.

I have both every once in a while though. It's not like I cut them out completely.
  • Peanutmanak47
    Peanutmanak47 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Chips and pizza. I can down a whole bag of chips without even second thinking it. Pizza is probably just as bad as chips, if not worse.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    cigarettes just love them. Hard to want to give up because they are 0 calories.
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Yes! Cake and cookies, but I haven't figured out how to do them in moderation so I try not to have them around very often.
  • carissafinnegan
    Options
    exstromn wrote: »
    I made birthday cupcakes for my daughter and mini cupcakes for the Sunday school kids this weekend. Once I have one, I can't stop. If I see it I want it. I'm OK now back on track for the week, but weekends seem to slay me and stomp on my best intentions.

Does anyone else have a kryptonite food that they can't control? For those who have truly succeeded in resisting, what was/is your method?
    When I'm craving food I usually will try an alternative like for sweet things I'll eat almonds or something salty I'll eat an avocado with lemon juice. I have also tried just chewing the food and then spitting it out instead of eating it and that usually helps.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    DONT LOOK AT MY PROFILE THEN! I am a hobby baker who makes money on the side decorating cakes and cookies for people. oddly im good not having any. i am looking forward to the cheescake layer cake i am making for easter this sunday though.

my biggest trigger is chips and queso..........who i think my mouth just filled with saliva thinking about them.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I had an issue with this grocery store birthday cake I got for my daughter's bd party. It was the first time in a while where I was just mindlessly eating something. Picking at it. It wasn't even that good. My daughter didn't want any more of it, my husband wasn't a fan, so we just chucked the rest of the cake in the trash. There was a good half of it left. It sucked to waste food like that, but I can't imagine the amount of calories in that thing. The icing was so thick on it. The cake tasted like pure sugar. I didn't need to be grazing on that for days.