Wedding motivation!

Options
Last month until my besties wedding! And I'm dreading those wedding photos, that's why I'm hitting the diet hard this month and catching 5 gym classes/week, who's with me?? I'd like to shave off 10 lbs in May!

Replies

• thor9424
    thor9424 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I will join you! I am hitting the sweets too hard lately and feel like I can kick it up a notch!!
  • pepperamijo
    Options
    I suddenly realised the other day that I only have 3 months until my wedding day so definitely with you guys!! Joined a gym last week so intending to go at least 3 times a week for a full workout plus swimming too! Getting hungry just thinking about it though!!
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation! I'm with you.
  • chlskoch
    chlskoch Posts: 11
    Options
    I've been hitting the sweets lately too, late at night and in the afternoon at my desk job--so no way to work that off! There was a great tip in my inbox this morning from Martha Stewart's Whole Living Challenge, eating fruit when our sweet tooth starts calling then waiting thirty minutes might do the trick:

http://wholelivingdaily.wholeliving.com/2011/05/todays-challenge-fruit-first.html?xsc=eml_chl_2011_05_11

Today I brought fruit to work for my afternoon splurge, let's see if it works!
  • chlskoch
    Options
    I would love to swim, what a great full body workout! But I'm having trouble finding a good place to go. Where do you go, your gym? My gym has the smallest lap pool and it's nearly always full of really (intimidating) serious swimmers. Not the most motivating thing thinking about getting all ready to swim and then not being able to because the pool is full, or having to swim next to an all-star!. Any advice or tips?
  • thor9424
    Options
    I have been subbing in grapes and strawberries for my uncontrollable sweet tooth! I am going to see if it helps!
  • thor9424
    Options
    I would love to swim, what a great full body workout! But I'm having trouble finding a good place to go. Where do you go, your gym? My gym has the smallest lap pool and it's nearly always full of really (intimidating) serious swimmers. Not the most motivating thing thinking about getting all ready to swim and then not being able to because the pool is full, or having to swim next to an all-star!. Any advice or tips?

I swim at my local Y, but some high schools have an open morning lap swim. You should call your local high school and see if they offer this! :)
  • chlskoch
    Options
    Interesting, I will try it!
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I find that if you can get to a pool at lunch and dinner time when everyone else is stuffing their faces & letting their food go down, then it's usually a lot less busy.
  • chlskoch
    Options
    Good advice, thanks!