Finally, after four years!

Options
krissyreminisce
krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
edited March 2015 in Success Stories
I finally hit my goal weight today! I've been seriously working on weight loss since January 1, 2012 (I dabbled a bit starting in 2007 and lost 20lbs on the Special K diet, didn't gain it back, but didn't keep it up either). I pretty much knew zero about what I was doing when I started. I did try tracking calories on paper (though I don't think I did it right at all and I weighed nothing).

I worked out on an elliptical I snagged at the grocery for $100, 15 minutes a day, and slowly changed my eating habits. I go to the gym now, since I broke that one from overuse. I go five days a week (1 rest day and I learned that going after a 10+ mile run leads to an AWFUL running week). There were times were I stalled, where I didn't pay as much attention, but I lost slowly. I actually only joined MFP in November at the suggestion of a coworker. Let me tell you, I thought I was eating all right, though I was in a fitness rut (an hour of elliptical and zero strength training a plateau morphing into weight gain does create).

So, I joined MFP and started running and strength training and everything came together. Eventually I got a food scale and that helped even more. And today, when I stepped on the scale I expected it to not have changed or to have dropped .5lb/1lb as I'd been a little stuck the last two weeks. And what do you know, down four pounds! :D

It's been a very long road, and I'm cautiously going to enter into maintenance with the goal of doing some toning (mostly this bit of pudge right above my belly button. Perfect for hanging over the waistband on my jeans. :expressionless: ) and continuing to train for my first half marathon in May! It'll be a little weird, not being so focused on losing weight, but I'm just glad I never gave up. :smiley:

I've learned a lot from trolling the forums and reading the blogs and it's been so helpful to have more than just the Biggest Loser as your only fitness guide, haha.

ke52j4vfn6a4.jpg

That first photo was taken in May of 2008 when I got my new car (which I traded in right before they were declared lemons, haha.) The second was a few weeks ago (and the pudge is there, I just hide it. ¬_¬)

wlr11iqlx56d.jpg

1y4126bhbu05.jpg

The first photo was taken Thanksgiving 2014 after my very first race and the second was me a week or two ago after my first 5k (which I placed first in my age group!). You can see the pudge in the first picture and it has gotten smaller with strength training, but I'd like it even less visible.

It's been a long road and it was nice to step on the scale after my long run today (I was annoyed for most of it, I'm tired of it warming up in the middle of the week only for it to drop back down with icy winds by the weekend) but I'm glad I made it. :)

220 was my top weight and now I'm down to 110. :D

Replies

• caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great.
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    OMG - that is an amazing transformation. Fantastic results. PS what pudge....? ;)
  • mefitforlife9
    mefitforlife9 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Great job! what a beautiful girl you are, then and now. Have fun with maintenance. Learn lots, those of us not there yet will need advise when we do get there! lol Congratz
  • jessjess210
    jessjess210 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on such an amazing transformation. I'm sure that 'pudge' will be gone before you know it
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! you look great
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Wow 4 years, admiration for being determined enough to stick with it and not giving in. Great job and transformation.
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! So very happy for you. You look amazing and you must feel awesome!
  • stevieedge2015
    stevieedge2015 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oh wow well done there's not a pick on you! You look fab x
  • kimberlydgarcia
    kimberlydgarcia Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Great job!
  • candythorns
    candythorns Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Like a new person! You look great!!!
  • Allison4C
    Allison4C Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!! Congrats!!!!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You're amazing!
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You did GREAT! Thanks for the inspiration!! Onward!
  • fitfat1975
    fitfat1975 Posts: 18 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing!! What do you typically eat in a day?

• astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    WTG!
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations on sticking with it and for winning your age group! Well done!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational and you look wonderful! The hard work has really paid off. Your before body type seems pretty close to mine ... I hope that your after is similar to what I can expect when I get there! Thank you for sharing.
  • lynlen
    lynlen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!