Newbie Introduction

robin71
robin71 Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! My name is Robin. I just signed up on the league. I'm 37-years-old and a mother of a 4-year-old little girl and a 3-year-old little boy. I work full-time as an administrative assistant. So between work, keeping up with my two kids and doing things around the house, it leaves me little time to do things for myself. I am going to start back at the gym tonight. Luckily the gym that I am a member of has a child care facility in that I can leave the kids at while I am working out. I know what it takes to the loose the weight, because I have done it before. I had originally lost over 100 pounds, but gained some back before I got pregnant with my daughter because of some health issues, and gained more when I got pregnant with her. Then when she was two months old, I got pregnant with my son, lost weight when I first found I was pregnant with, gained it back, but not as much as I did when I was pregnant with my daughter. After my son was born, I had some issues with anxiety attacks and a little bit of post-partum depression and lost down to almost 165 pounds, because I was hardly eating anything. I was put on medication to help with the anxiety attacks and depression and gained some weight back. This past May I was put on birth control pills to allievate cysts that I get on my ovaries. Once I started on that, I have gained back the rest of the weight and weigh more now than I did when my daughter was born. I quit taking the birth control pill on Saturday, so I am hoping that since I have stopped taking those and me getting back into the gym, that I can loose my weight again and keep it maintained. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in here and getting motivation and support from all of you and giving it back as well. Take care and hope to talk to some of you soon.

Replies

• Hi! My name is Robin. I just signed up on the league. I'm 37-years-old and a mother of a 4-year-old little girl and a 3-year-old little boy. I work full-time as an administrative assistant. So between work, keeping up with my two kids and doing things around the house, it leaves me little time to do things for myself. I am going to start back at the gym tonight. Luckily the gym that I am a member of has a child care facility in that I can leave the kids at while I am working out. I know what it takes to the loose the weight, because I have done it before. I had originally lost over 100 pounds, but gained some back before I got pregnant with my daughter because of some health issues, and gained more when I got pregnant with her. Then when she was two months old, I got pregnant with my son, lost weight when I first found I was pregnant with, gained it back, but not as much as I did when I was pregnant with my daughter. After my son was born, I had some issues with anxiety attacks and a little bit of post-partum depression and lost down to almost 165 pounds, because I was hardly eating anything. I was put on medication to help with the anxiety attacks and depression and gained some weight back. This past May I was put on birth control pills to allievate cysts that I get on my ovaries. Once I started on that, I have gained back the rest of the weight and weigh more now than I did when my daughter was born. I quit taking the birth control pill on Saturday, so I am hoping that since I have stopped taking those and me getting back into the gym, that I can loose my weight again and keep it maintained. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in here and getting motivation and support from all of you and giving it back as well. Take care and hope to talk to some of you soon.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Wow. Sounds like your poor body has been through a LOT! Welcome! This site is amazing and full of supportive people. It's helped me learn so much about how to HEALTHILY lose weight and I love it! Come to us when you need support! You'll reach your goal in no time! :smile:
  • Thank you for your kind words and I will definitely take you up on getting support from people who are dealing with weight issues too.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: You're going to love it here. Everyone is really friendly and there are some who have been here for a while - they know what works and what doesn't! You can find a lot of good information on the message boards and there are a lot of good topics for newbies to check out! Good luck! :heart:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    best wishes to you on your journey! :smile:
  • Thank you.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Welcome and good luck to you!!

You CAN do this! Just take it a week at a time. The small, healthy losses will add up faster than you think!!

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami
This discussion has been closed.