What meals would you put together?

Options
circae
circae Posts: 17 Member
Ok so I work in a grocery store and I only have 30 min for a meal break. What would you put together to eat? You have to put it together at the store and you only have a microwave to cook, but you have the whole inventory of the store at your disposal. Im getting tired of wraps lol. The hot food is out because it's either fried or shut down by the time I take a lunch. Thanks!!!

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I love the soup cups that you add hot water to / microwave with water. I also really like the vegetable steamers bags by birdseye.
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Fresh veggies & dip or salad dressing, a piece of fruit, cheese stick, and a wheat roll.

Salad mix, can of chicken, avocado, and crackers.

Some of the frozen dinners aren't too bad, especially if you flesh them out with some fresh veggies.

• mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese and roasted red peppers on whole wheat melba toast. fruit

sardines and crackers, carrot sticks and a milk

hard boiled eggs from the salad bar with a squirt of sriracha, assorted veggies and hummus to dip

the flavored tuna in the foil bags on top of prepared salad greens

• mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    healthy nachos with multigrain chips, black beans, light shredded cheddar, salsa and guacamole.
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs in a microwave cup are good and you can dice veggies and add in too, deviled eggs made with avocado instead of mayo served over spinach, Mexican salad,hardboiled eggs, tuna, hummus, the, Frys by my house has fantastic sushi, bean and cheese burrito, sandwiches, fruit with yogurt and pb, microwave: English muffin pizza add veggies on it too, I have seen recipes for pasta cooked in the microwave but haven't tried them, Pinterest has a ton of ideas search microwave meals, baked potato top with veggies. If you have a lunch fridge you might be able to bring your lunch from home and warm up, that may help with creativity, and time crunch.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Is there a particular reason behind the requirement that "you have to put it together at the store"?

What I find tends to work for me is to just make a meal at home on the weekends and portion it out so all I have to do is put the container in a microwave and re-heat it. It's got all the charm of leftovers (especially when it gets to day 4 or 5), but it's quick.

Failing that, I tend to fall back on frozen meals.
  • circae
    circae Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Lol this is for the days when I don't have leftovers to bring or I forgot to prep at home. March has been bad for me and I didn't do my monthly meal planning. Going to be better for April but I wanted to get some ideas for those on the fly moments. These all sound great though. I wish my store had a salad bar. They have a small deli but everything is pretty much prepackaged except the deli meats and there aren't a lot of single serve items in my deli either.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I'd probably just open a can of beans for lunch.
    Or maybe a pbj sandwich or some hummus and veggies/crackers.
  • blakexx3
    blakexx3 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I usually use lunchtime to stock up on fresh fruits and veggies. Usually eat a large Apple,some melon, an orange, or some carrots with hummus. It's quick and easy and filling to me