Wow !! Thank You 'MyFitnessPal'. I love You !!!

Options
ChMohtadi
ChMohtadi Posts: 3
edited March 2015 in Getting Started
I mean, for the 1st time in my life I am Counting Calories/ Sugars/ Whatever..
Until Now I knew a Tiny bit about this things and thought food has so much less Sugars/ Nasty things in it. No Wonder I Gained Weight and I look the Way I look :'(:s ..

I was on the food's page now in order to add my Morning Coffee to the list (So far). I thought I am doing f*ckin' Great by now and was Surprised to see there a Warning, Telling me I had almost 50% of my Daily Sugar allowance in this Cup of Coffee :o ..

O...M...G !!! Seriously, I am Speechless. I can't believe how STUPID I was all this Years Eating/ Drinking (Coffee/ Cola) like there's no Tomorrow :s ..

I Thank You So much, Guys. You Saved my life.
YES. I know I am just Starting the 1St Day of my New life, But I know that I know that I know that this Detailed information is the Best thing I could ask for Right Now.

-God Bless You and Thank You 1000000 More times :) (Y) !!!

Replies

• Tea_Lord
    Tea_Lord Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    aww :) yes this really is such a great tool, glad you're reaping the benefits! (*) :)
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Cyber hugs to you!! It is very eye opening. You have an awesome attitude. Good luck.
  • anschwartz9242
    anschwartz9242 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ChMohtadi wrote: »
    I mean, for the 1st time in my life I am Counting Calories/ Sugars/ Whatever..
    Until Now I knew a Tiny bit about this things and thought food has so much less Sugars/ Nasty things in it.

No question about it ... MFP is Fantastic. Previously, I was flying blind. Eating the wrong foods, thinking I was going to lose weight. Vegetables are ALWAYS good for you, right? Wrong! Fruit is always going to help you lose those pounds, right? Not necessarily; some fruits are higher in calories and sugars than others. But I never would have had the patience to research the nutritional values of everything I put in my mouth.

But then a friend told me about MFP and the database behind it. The ability to scan a barcode or even to pick from a list of foods and evaluate the nutrition content convinced me to try MFP. I am SO happy I did. The weight is coming off like I never would have believed. My wife says I am as slim as I was when we got married 50 years ago!! She says she is ready to sign up for another 50 years. <3
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I have to agree. I thought I was pretty reasonable about what I ate until I started tracking. Boy have I been getting an education over the past week. Not to mention IT"S WORKING!! MFP does make it easy and almost fun. And having friends to share the journey with is a huge help.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Yep, something's are definitely eye openers.