Curbing appetite

Options
sabrinaanporter
sabrinaanporter Posts: 11 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
So I've been looking for ways to curb my appetite, but I can't seem to find a specific thing that I like. My boyfriend says to drink caffeine i.e. coffee or green tea, but I feel like I get too wiry. I don't like that jittery feeling. And I also get caffeine headaches. Does anyone have any recommendations that aren't caffeinated for curbing the appetite?

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Usually eating food helps, I find.
  • jkwolly
    Options
    AND I think you mean curbing....
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    According to your diary yesterday you ate 332 cal. Saturday: 588 cal, Friday: 332 cal.

If this is an accurate picture of your total food intake then you are starving yourself. Eating the number of calories as alloted by MFP will go a long way to helping curb your appetite.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    If you really are hungry, eat. If you want to avoid bored eating drinking water, chewing gum and finding something else to do helps take your mind of things.

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Pro ana?
    Its your body telling you to eat more.

What's weight, age, height?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    If you're eating within a reasonable calorie deficit, yet still find yourself hungry and don't want to cave in, even just a walk or light exercise will help to curb your appetite.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jkwolly
    Options
    According to your diary yesterday you ate 332 cal. Saturday: 588 cal, Friday: 332 cal.

If this is an accurate picture of your total food intake then you are starving yourself. Eating the number of calories as alloted by MFP will go a long way to helping curb your appetite.
    Yeah, I didn't even get this far.

If this is accurate OP - eat.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    When i feel a bit "peckish", i'll usually have an Apple (only about 60 cals).
    That usually does the trick until my next meal.
  • sabrinaanporter
    sabrinaanporter Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Lol I do eat. I just forget to record my intake at night.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    AND I think you mean curbing....

thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu lolololol

i was getting twitchy.

and based on the other comments, you need to eat more, you are starving your body and quite possibly are nurturing an eating disorder.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Getting a good amount of protein (25-30g) at your main meals will help you to feel fuller longer. Protein has a satiating effect on the appetite.
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    choose foods that are high in protein and fiber that will slow down the digestive process and help you feel full longer. to avoid mindless snacking , chew gum or drink caffeine free herbal tea. i find that having multiple small snack during the day helps me get in better touch with my hunger cues and allows me to over eat later in the day (usually happens if i wait too long before allowing myself something to eat) but please make sure you at least eat the recommended amount of calories .find what works for YOU. and remember your body might need more then the recommended amount .. if your body is sending message please listen to it . not two bodies are the same . experiment and tweek your allowed calorie intake . what you wanna have is the most possible quantity of calories and nutrients without it affecting your weight loss ... if you still loose equal amount of weight at 2000 calories why cut it down to 1500 and feel sluggish an in pain all day long and risk overindulging by the end of the day. Enjoy life , enjoy food and don't let numbers rule your life

also pardon my weird English , its not my native language XD
  • rscunu
    rscunu Posts: 37 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Lol I do eat. I just forget to record my intake at night.

If you aren't accurately recording, there is no way to see what you're eating. I track my fiber intake (which I find gives a fuller feeling) The oats I eat in the morning maintain my appetite until lunch, I do have a snack most days between breakfast and lunch. Ususally fruit w/nuts. Like banana w/pb, or apple w/pb, clementine w/wasabi almonds.

if you are hungry, eat...just eat clean, healthy foods when you do.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Protein ..and more protein... and avoid high carb foods, like white bread... and sugars... think of your body as a furnace...and the food you put into it.. the combustible material... white bread... and sugars... are like tissue paper... toss it into the furnace and "poof" your hungry almost immediately... complex carbs... ( Vegetables, like Broccoli, leafy green (lettuces) etc. and whole grain cereal ( multi grain bread, pasta wild rice etc... are like pine logs... they'll take a bit longer to burn... ) Protein.. is like hardwood... it will burn longer and hotter... BUT it is important to maintain a balance.. so keep your carbs complex... and your protein high.. and pretty soon you will be forgetting to eat...

in a nutshell try to keep your macros balanced.