Hi Everybody :) I am new here. Joined about 15 minutes ago ..

Options
ChMohtadi
ChMohtadi Posts: 3
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
OMG.. I am still confused and not sure when or how to Start. Aaaaaaaa :s !!!
I am trying to learn how this thing works.. I want to put on the list what I had for Breakfast so far (a cup of Coffee :) ) but I don't know how to put it. how many Calories it has or how to Calculate it.
-I hope there's some Calculator for this things right here because I am really freaking out :\ -I have no idea how to Calculate Calories/ fat/ sugars/ U name it.
-Oh, Lord, Please help me o:) !!! ..

Replies

• tonyflemings
    Options
    Just use the search function. Find something close and add it. You won't get completely accurate counts anyway unless you prepare everything yourself. Don't stress it is only a tool. Measure success on the scale.
  • deanamarlow1
    deanamarlow1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can also use the bar code scanner. That's a brilliant way to get the calories.
  • tonyflemings
    Options
    You can also use the bar code scanner. That's a brilliant way to get the calories.
    Yep, forgot about that.
  • sungoddess337
    sungoddess337 Posts: 62 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Don't panic.. it seems hard but it is really easy. Take a breath and search as said above....the more specific the better. Ex. Instead of "cheese" enter "sliced american cheese ". Will get you closer to what you are looking for. Good luck!
  • RSHill1302
    Options
    It does it all for you, you can even search the make and place its from then put how many and it calculates for you, i find it easy if i do diary as per meal, add how much water you drink, exercise, and weight. it does it for me i find it really convenient. Good luck and if you need any more info just reply of here
  • groovigyrl
    groovigyrl Posts: 72 Member
    Options

Is the barcode scanner something you buy???

I love the built in calculator and finding foods. The database is huge! I usually find something close or create my own if it's not there. Deep breaths. You'll get the hang of it in no time.

• KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options

The bar scanner is built in to the MFP phone app.... sooo helpful, I love it!

• groovigyrl
    groovigyrl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    KelGen02 wrote: »

The bar scanner is built in to the MFP phone app.... sooo helpful, I love it!

Ahhh, okay. Will have to look for it. I just downloaded the app on my phone last night. Still getting used to navigating through it. Thanks! Good to know!

• marilynschrieber
    marilynschrieber Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ChMohtadi wrote: »
    OMG.. I am still confused and not sure when or how to Start. Aaaaaaaa :s !!!
    I am trying to learn how this thing works.. I want to put on the list what I had for Breakfast so far (a cup of Coffee :) ) but I don't know how to put it. how many Calories it has or how to Calculate it.
    -I hope there's some Calculator for this things right here because I am really freaking out :\ -I have no idea how to Calculate Calories/ fat/ sugars/ U name it.
    -Oh, Lord, Please help me o:) !!! ..

• marilynschrieber
    marilynschrieber Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Search. I am new also.