Coming up on week 4 working out and no weight loss… What am I doing wrong?! Help

I am coming up on week 4 of working out with a personal trainer. I eat my correct calories every day (1300) and I do my 3 days of cardio. Why am I not losing weight? Has anyone else had this same problem? Any tips?

Replies

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Are you weighing your food?
  • clockworkgeisha
    clockworkgeisha Posts: 48 Member
    Try tracking your body measurements instead of weight - muscle weighs more than fat and you might be pleasantly surprised :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    You are not at a deficit.
  • KarenE86
    KarenE86 Posts: 75 Member
    Try tracking your body measurements instead of weight - muscle weighs more than fat and you might be pleasantly surprised :)

This. Also, I lost inches without losing weight for 4-5 weeks and then suddenly lost 4 pounds.
  • CMcBryer
    CMcBryer Posts: 139 Member
    Do you notice any change in the way your clothes are fitting?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    1300 calorie diet and only cardio no weights, will not lead to muscle gain, not even close.

I would err on the side of eating more than you think you are and some water retention due to the exercise.
  • kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    A few things come to mind - are you eating enough? !300 calories seems low if you are working out. Are you weighing your food? Being over by just a bit on each meal can result in no loss. Finally, take your measurements. You may not lose weight but you may be losing inches. Muscle is more dense than fat. A pound of muscle takes up less space in your body than a pound of fat.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    She's not gaining muscle on a 1300 calorie/day diet. And the same amount of fat and the same amount of muscle (aka 1lb) weighs the same. Muscle is more dense, taking up less space.

More than likely you are eating more than you think and overestimating exercise calories.

She wanted to know why the scale wasn't going down. To make the scale go down you have to be at a deficient.

I'll ask my question again, are you weighing your food?
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited March 2015

Agree with forgetting the scale and breaking out the tape measure. Also make sure you're weighing and measuring all your food for complete accuracy.

FYI; muscle does NOT weigh more than fat its just smaller in mass and cardio is not much of a muscle building exercise.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    How do you know you're eating 1300 calories a day? Start tracking everything you eat. It works.
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Are you eating too little? And yes track your measurements, I like to do bicep, thigh hip and waist.
  • cdn_beaver
    cdn_beaver Posts: 130 Member
    Weigh and track everything in your diary. 1300 calories is too low on days you're working out.
  • amc535
    amc535 Posts: 2 Member
    The app set my calories at 1200 per day and my trainer moved it up to 1300. I do total body weights with the trainer 3 times a week and then the 3 days of cardio. And yes I do weigh my foods on a scale. Still not sure of why there is no drop of my weight on the scale.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    amc535 wrote: »
    The app set my calories at 1200 per day and my trainer moved it up to 1300. I do total body weights with the trainer 3 times a week and then the 3 days of cardio. And yes I do weigh my foods on a scale. Still not sure of why there is no drop of my weight on the scale.

Most likely if you track accurately, it is water weight. Your muscles store water to help repair and protect them. Stick with what you are doing for another 2-4 weeks, if still no progress re-evaluate at that time.