Recommitting !!

Options
trying to re commit to a healthy slim lifestyle.

Replies

• KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I've always thought that the reason people never meet their New Year's resolutions is because when they almost inevitably slip up, they think it's over for them. If they can't meet their goal perfectly, then they just won't do it at all - and that's weak. I have to "re-commit" on an almost monthly basis (due to depression), and I'm struggling presently, but I wouldn't have come as far as I have if I gave up the first time I screwed up. What you're doing here is great; always find the courage and drive to re-commit when you need it most.
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I've always thought that the reason people never meet their New Year's resolutions is because when they almost inevitably slip up, they think it's over for them. If they can't meet their goal perfectly, then they just won't do it at all - and that's weak. I have to "re-commit" on an almost monthly basis (due to depression), and I'm struggling presently, but I wouldn't have come as far as I have if I gave up the first time I screwed up. What you're doing here is great; always find the courage and drive to re-commit when you need it most.

This is true! There's no such thing as perfection. I'm having to recommit on a daily and almost hourly basis. Sure, there are slip-ups and days that you want that brownie or to not exercise, but that should never mean it's over. We shouldn't be about perfection, just hard work.
  • kruemenapp
    kruemenapp Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    hello, I am also starting over again. I quit smoking 2 years ago and put on 50 lbs. I had followed an extreme low carb way of eating last summer and fall and lost over 30 lbs but struggled staying with it and gave up. Gained it all back plus more
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    I'm also recommitting today also. It was so refreshing to see this post and know that it's not just me! Good luck! You can do this, and so can I!