Mini success

Options
crazyjerseygirl
crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
First stats, I'm 35, one fine lady and I started this whole thing 5 weeks ago at 235, I am currently at 217 and change. No one (save my husband) has been able to see any difference yet, even I can't tell, but I felt better and clothing got looser so i was happy.

My usual office attire is a dress and cardigan. My 3x cardigans started getting loose so I've taken to belting them over my slightly loose dress.

One of my dear co-workers (they are all dears really) stopped me in the hall and said "whatever you are doing, it's working, I thought you were wearing a corset!"

She saw it! She sees the weight loss! It can't even be the belt it's a loose thin belt it's only to keep the cardigan down! I am so stupidly happy today!

Don't get me wrong, I love that my husband is supportive and I am glad that he has found me attractive throughout our marriage, but having someone with no real emotional connection to me compliment the loss is thrilling!

Ok, I'm done blabbering now, bye!

Replies

• iwish123
    iwish123 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That's great :), it's really motivational when others notice, so keep going!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    iwish123 wrote: »
    That's great :), it's really motivational when others notice, so keep going!

Thanks so much, I will!
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I bet some others have seen it too but weren't as brave as that coworker to say anything yet. They're probably thinking "she looks like she is losing weight" but aren't yet ready to speak up. You will start hearing it more and more!
  • iselaparedes
    iselaparedes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love your story
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!!
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Haha great NSV (non-scale victory). Keep up the great work!! :D
  • rpmtnbkr
    rpmtnbkr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!!! Nothing like someone noticing. Keep up the good work!
  • foobazola
    foobazola Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Awesome non-scale victory! :D
  • BettyDares
    BettyDares Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! It feels so great when someone notices.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Great NSV :) Keep up the awesome work!
  • dswope85
    dswope85 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    that's awesome congrats!!!!!!!
  • SlimmingSarah2013
    SlimmingSarah2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been a member of MFP for over 2 years, and I have never made post yet... But this was just too good not to comment!

Well done, congratulations, and keep going. I am so motivated and inspired by your success! Fantastic work, and just think where you could be in another 5 weeks! :)
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    I bet some others have seen it too but weren't as brave as that coworker to say anything yet. They're probably thinking "she looks like she is losing weight" but aren't yet ready to speak up. You will start hearing it more and more!

Perhaps! I'm such the "lab mom" over here. I knit, I bake and I have a good 10 years on everyone. I think their brains will pop if I get svelte!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    Love your story

Thank you!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    _QueenE_ wrote: »
    Woohoo!!!

I'm just thinking of Homer now, which makes me think of donuts. Blast.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    I have been a member of MFP for over 2 years, and I have never made post yet... But this was just too good not to comment!

Well done, congratulations, and keep going. I am so motivated and inspired by your success! Fantastic work, and just think where you could be in another 5 weeks! :)

Thank you so much! That is such a lovely thing to say! I'm pretty new here but most folks seem sweet!
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Yay! That's great! I had a similar moment last night when my yoga class noticed and commented on it. It really keeps you motivated :smile:
  • sabowman93
    sabowman93 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Good job keep up the great work!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    Yay! That's great! I had a similar moment last night when my yoga class noticed and commented on it. It really keeps you motivated :smile:

That sounds awesome! Congratulations!
  • ukjennie1
    Options
    Well done...good job. It feels lovely when people notice and comment on your success. Enjoy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!