tought of something...

For many who are just starting out or for those who have mentionned being at home with little ones finding it hard to burn extra calories and relying (hope that spell right I`m french) on housework to burn some extra calories here is an idea...
You could invest in those wrist and ankle weights and strap them home while you`re at home, the extra weight will help burn extra cals even if you are just walking around.

And having little ones , entertaining them can be a great work out, get on the floor with them and have fun..You can have your child sit on your back while you move around the room "army like" you know on your belly using your elbows to move you forward. You can pick up your baby and do squats...You have your child step on your feets and dance around the room...Not only will you burn extra calories but the extra quality time will benifit both of you...I use to put both my kids who were 2 years apart on my belly while I was laying on my back and sliver across the room on my back ...They would laugh so hard and yes it was a work out!

Borrow kids DVD from your library , the kinds that have the kids moving and dancing and do it along with them. It will teach your little one the importance of moving and being healthy and you guys will have fun doing it..

Altough I have teenagers now , I must confess:blushing: that I came across a kids t.v show that really intrigue me and I caught myself watching it with nobody else here..I think it`s call " Bo on the go" and it would be a great one for anyone with little kids. I believe the show was created to promote physical activities.

Also, you could look into your comunity for programms for mommy and toddlers that are often offered for free or very little cost (many are subsudies, sp?) I know they are swimming class which have babies as young as 6 months...I also often see parents walking around in the pool with little ones in their arms during public swims...It is a seperate pool that is very safe.

I remember when my DD was 18 months I had enrolled us in toddler gym class that required the parent to follow and do the same movements...

Again, your comunity is a great place to start with. They may have many options that would fit your needs . It doesn`t cost anything to do a search and find out...

Good luck:flowerforyou:

Replies

• For many who are just starting out or for those who have mentionned being at home with little ones finding it hard to burn extra calories and relying (hope that spell right I`m french) on housework to burn some extra calories here is an idea...
    You could invest in those wrist and ankle weights and strap them home while you`re at home, the extra weight will help burn extra cals even if you are just walking around.

And having little ones , entertaining them can be a great work out, get on the floor with them and have fun..You can have your child sit on your back while you move around the room "army like" you know on your belly using your elbows to move you forward. You can pick up your baby and do squats...You have your child step on your feets and dance around the room...Not only will you burn extra calories but the extra quality time will benifit both of you...I use to put both my kids who were 2 years apart on my belly while I was laying on my back and sliver across the room on my back ...They would laugh so hard and yes it was a work out!

Borrow kids DVD from your library , the kinds that have the kids moving and dancing and do it along with them. It will teach your little one the importance of moving and being healthy and you guys will have fun doing it..

Altough I have teenagers now , I must confess:blushing: that I came across a kids t.v show that really intrigue me and I caught myself watching it with nobody else here..I think it`s call " Bo on the go" and it would be a great one for anyone with little kids. I believe the show was created to promote physical activities.

Also, you could look into your comunity for programms for mommy and toddlers that are often offered for free or very little cost (many are subsudies, sp?) I know they are swimming class which have babies as young as 6 months...I also often see parents walking around in the pool with little ones in their arms during public swims...It is a seperate pool that is very safe.

I remember when my DD was 18 months I had enrolled us in toddler gym class that required the parent to follow and do the same movements...

Again, your comunity is a great place to start with. They may have many options that would fit your needs . It doesn`t cost anything to do a search and find out...

Good luck:flowerforyou: