cheat day discovery with sodium and carbs

2»

Replies

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    I, personally, cannot do a cheat day. For me, one cheat day turns into two, then three, etc. Instead, I try to incorporate a treat into each day so I don't feel deprived of my favorite foods. But I can't do a whole day where I don't pay attention to what/how much I'm eating. It just throws me off.

But if you can do it....more power to you!
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    Terrapin, yes it was me. My skin has thickened since then. It is a Darwinian thing.
  • donjtomasco
    And what does "OP" stand for?
  • donjtomasco
    Thank you Mr. Knight.
  • donjtomasco
    Thanks Maxit. Interesting and I concur but had not thought of it that way. I like how u think.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    And what does "OP" stand for?

"Original Post." It is a way to refer to the person who started the thread.
  • donjtomasco
    What is your age USM? 52 here. In all of my data collection, charts and graph's since starting this, the most interesting, consistent and valid stat (for me) is comparing each morning weight to the prior 7th days weight. Even with days were certain parts of my diet are out of wack, and with some cheat days or days where I missed my calories in total, I have for some reason lowered my weight each day (compared to the prior 7th day) for 39 straight days.
  • donjtomasco
    Psluemon, thanks. I think that in order to successfully do a carb cycle, that I really need a list of meals that has a carb total, and the healthy restaurant where I can get that meal. Otherwise it seems there would be a lot of trips to the grocery store till I could figure out how to prepare the meals.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2015
    My main point was there is no reason to do carb cycling at this point. Its not for weight loss, its to help with lifting. So unless you are advanced in lifting or not seeing any more progress in your lifts, its not worth the time or effort to carb cycle.

Btw, what is your lifting routine?
  • donjtomasco
    No not advanced at all. I upper body one day, iron and machines, lower body the other day, mostly machines. Off and on treadmill after some workouts, usually 5 hours of intense tennis a week.
  • USMCMcG
    USMCMcG Posts: 7 Member
    psulemon wrote: »
    USMC the reason you stay the same weight after long exercise is due to micro tears in your muscle which cause your body to retain water.
    Hence, inflammation.

What is your age USM? 52 here. In all of my data collection, charts and graph's since starting this, the most interesting, consistent and valid stat (for me) is comparing each morning weight to the prior 7th days weight. Even with days were certain parts of my diet are out of wack, and with some cheat days or days where I missed my calories in total, I have for some reason lowered my weight each day (compared to the prior 7th day) for 39 straight days.

I'm 42. Just getting to the point where stuff starts to break and the healing is slooooowww. I've got charts and graphs and am contemplating a power point (at least 60 slides) :) After the first week's water loss, I'm almost straight on 1.6 lbs down every Monday. But on Wednesdays/Thursdays the scale shows almost invariably 3 to 5 lbs less. Considering going back to college for a biology degree to help figure this one out.

• donjtomasco
    Awesome.