Breastfeeding moms????

Options
Is there anyway to add the extra calories on MFP profile? If not log the extra calories?
Thanks

Replies

• hhhanah
    hhhanah Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'd like to know too! With my second child, I just added a "snack" for breastfeeding that was -500 calories, but I'm breastfeeding my third and started using MFP again, and that method shows up as 0 calories now. There's no breastfeeding exercise thing either.
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You can add it as a food. Type in breastfeeding and there are options that give you either -500 calories or -250 calories. I only use the -250 one because my lo is on solids now and not feeding as much.
  • nriveroamat
    nriveroamat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh okay great! Thank you very much!!!
  • nriveroamat
    Options
    I just went and did it and it come off as 0 calories
  • djicon
    djicon Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You have to adjust your daily calorie goal by adding 500 to the recommended amount if you're EBF.
  • nriveroamat
    Options
    Yes but how do I do that on the app?
  • susanmc31
    Options
    Hey, I'm not quite sure where you are looking. I put mine under breakfast as a food. When you click 'add food' type in breastfeeding there should be a bunch of different options that will subtract 500 calories from your daily intake. Let me know if you have any issues!
  • susanmc31
    Options
    For some reason on the app it doesn't look like it subtracts anything but it does (I use the iphone app). But on my tablet (android app) it works just fine. Not sure why that happens.
  • susanmc31
    Options
    Sorry for the mega posts - my diary is public, feel free to look at it and see how I've logged my breastfeeding calories. :smile:
  • ruggernumber2
    ruggernumber2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I look at your diary on the app it comes up as 0 too. Guess I'll just have to mentally add 500 when I'm mobile!
  • susanmc31
    Options
    @ruggernumber2 you are correct. Not sure why it does that.
  • LindsMM1
    LindsMM1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm nursing and increased my calorie goal by 500. To change it on the app go to MORE-GOALS... and you should be able to change it there. At least that's how it works on my phone.
    I feel hungry ALL of the time. I snack frequently and am trying to make healthier choices. I don't remember eating like a beast when I was nursing my first. Ugh...
  • nriveroamat
    Options
    Yes I'm hungry often too. I try to smack but only things that are healthy like fruit or salad or a protein bar.